Little Big Adventure 2

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had this game years and years ago and played it under Win 95, possibly Win 98, can't remember.

I never did finish it, sold it, regretted selling it and have been wanting to play it again for the last few years.

I was lucky enough to download from an Abandonware site, Zip File, though haven't yet proved the file's integrity.

On a socket A machine I've been messing about with which I may or may not try to sell soon, I have formatted a removable bootable 20Gb IBM Deskstar HDD and formatted it to FAT32.

I installed DOS 6.22 from 3 floppy disks and am at this moment installing Windows For Workgroups 3.11 from 8 floppy disks. Up to disk 5 so far.

After that I may installWin 95 from the original upgrade disk I bought or I may just stick with Win 3.11 and install LBA2 from a DOS prompt.

What I'm wondering is if I'll be able to enable onboard sound (2003 DFI motherboard) and video drivers (ATI 850) within either Win 3.11 or Win 95.

I really would like to play LBA2 again even though I have a funny feeling it may not be as enthralling as I remember it the first time around.

Do you think I will get decent video and the sound to work?

Or do you all think maybe the game would work under DOS-BOX?

Comments/views/advice apreciated :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have installed Win 3.11, quite the blast from the past, lol

Why weren't disks 7 & 8 ever required I wonder?

Was 3.11/3.1 the first OS with a GUI or did Unix or Mac take that honour?

Using this OS does make you realise just how primitive the first Windows with a GUI was.

As for LBA2, I shall continue at a later date as I am reaching a somewhat inebriated stage right now :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Those disks are drivers, only needed if you had the hardware that needed them.

I think Xerox had the first real GUI, which, if you believe the story, Microsoft went about stealing, err, maybe that was a strong word, borrowed the tech?

I think the real early Apple Macs were the first to be accepted in homes, I remember GEM being taken for a ride by Apple.

Windows 3 never came out till the 90s, 92? where Apple & CP/Ms GEM were 5 years or there abouts earlier.

I remember them well. :lol:

Ask a Question