Linksys WPC11 causing STOP: on Dell Inspiron 1100

G

(the following was also posted to Dell's Inspiron General Hardware discussion forum and emailed to Linksys

Yesterday I tried to configure my girlfriend's small home network - using a Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless Router to connect with a new Inspiron 1100 (WinXP) using a WPC11 PCMCIA and a WUSB11 for her older Gateway Desktop (we went with Linksys instead of Dell because she's on AOL DSL, and it was one of two AOL-recommended systems). The network works - both computers can see one another, the notebook can print to the desktop's printer, both can get to the internet... but at random times (it happened three times before I disconnected the PCMCIA card and reconnected via wire to the router) I got the following blue-screen error on the 1100

STOP: 0x0000000A (0xBABBDCCC,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x804FFFB9
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUA
Begin Physical Dump of Memor

After locking-up, the only way to proceed was to unplug AC, then pop-out the battery, then restart. If there is any pattern whatsoever, it seemed to occur when I would bring-up Internet Explorer (v6.1). It's clearly some kind of problem with the PCMCIA because everything works beautifully when we leave the 1100 connected by wire to the router

I phoned Linksys technical support, and their advice was to try a google search on the internet! I've waded-through various forums here and find nothing helping me resolve the situation. Has anyone else encountered this issue

If we cannot resolve the situation, the other recommended system is from Actiontec - does anyone believe if we switched to that brand this problem might no longer exist

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

G

Nobody has any ideas?

*bouncing so this appears at the top of the heap once again*

Ask a Question