Lindows 2.0 Released

Reaction score
Yesterday, Lindows.com released version 2.0 of it's Linux distro. The new version is available free for those who are part of their Insider's program, and those who bought a computer from Walmart with Lindows pre-installed. Other than that, you'll have to buy it, which is unique for a Linux distro, as most usually offer both a free, downloadble ISO, as well as a full-featured packaged version.

Changes in 2.0 include a spiffier interface, which is quite nice, IMHO (except for Netscape 7.0), better printer support, the usual bug fixes, and more.

According to the press release, 3.0 is expected later this year. It seems like yesterday that 1.0 was released. I haven't tried Lindows myself, but from what I hear, it's a so-so distro, and you're better off sticking with Mandrake or something like that, if you're a newbie. Hardcore users use Gentoo. ;)

For screenshots, go here.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
One day I'm sure I'll give linux a proper go :) Lindows seems like a good idea - but defies the point of it for many users, then again, there are plenty of distro's available!

Ask a Question