Bargain Lightning Deals in Amazon uk

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
If anyone still has a bit of wear left on their plastic... Amazon currently has some "lightning deals" going on. Linky here, if anyone is interested. A home cinema 3D Blu-ray system is coming up in about 20 mins (for example)... it's a bit like the Black Friday pre-Christmas deals. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This post led me to Amazon and...

My five year old Purple DM's died on me a few months ago, I couldn't part with them - I saw Amy Winehouse at Glastonbury wearing these boots - so they are now full of potting compost and have plants growing from them on my patio. So I wanted to buy another pair.

Went to Camden Loch market in October, no purples anywhere so I bought a green pair. Local shoe shop started selling DM's so I asked to buy a pair there but they didn't have my size. They wanted £90 for them and could order my size.

Then I looked at Amazon via TC's link and lots of things have been reduced in price.

In short have ordered pair of purple DM's, size 8, from Amazon, free postage and £73.00 - result :)

Also just had e-mail telling me they've been dispatched.

They won't arrive until the middle of next week but I'm in no hurry and £17 is a considerable saving.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Mr FBS, shuffling down the high street, white hair slightly hunched over a walking stick, drain-pipe denims ... wearing purple DMs ... :lol:

Reaction score
I picked up a load of bargains on Amazon, you gotta love the sales!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Mr FBS, shuffling down the high street, white hair slightly hunched over a walking stick, drain-pipe denims ... wearing purple DMs ... :lol:

That would be some spooky sight

agscary1.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

I feel I must defend myself here before messrs Chomwoldley & Carruthers take it upon themselves to run me out of town without so much as a thermos flask full of hot Bovril. So this is me 29th August 2011 returning from cycling from Greenwich to Blackheath village. Had forgotten it's actually uphill for most of the way back - phew.

Attachments

• me_29-08-11.jpg
    me_29-08-11.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 539

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Like a fine wine, you have matured into a silver-fox Sir Flopps...........
(now where did you say I'd find that brown envelope...? ;))

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TC, check your Royalties input folder for statement showing this month's contribution to a charity of your choice and please note the 20% reduction for using the term 'Silver Fox' which I am really not very fond of ;) My hair turned white in '89 when I was a young 38 years old, I think the wife person giving birth to two offspring at once may have contributed to this change of hue.

Ok, that is me, I'm making notes of how many forum members are sitting there mouths agog having just realised Sir Floppington is indeed a true old fart of the first degree :D And I really must put some lube on that bike chain...

Now then, who else will post their ugly fizzog on this forum? Who's got the bottle? Eh? Eh? I dare ya all, I double dog dare y'all, hee hee ;)

Ask a Question