Lexmark X1270 wont print

Reaction score
OK, After sending a document to be printed, nothing happens even though printer status is 'printing', any further print jobs are also held up. There is also a 'Error processing Command' message at the bottom of the printer queue pane. When I go to system32/spool/Printers, there is a SHD and SPL file present. Managed to delete these and job in print queue to start afresh but problem just comes back upon next print command. Tried uninstall and re-install of printer, downloaded latest driver all to no avail. Tried a new spare comms cable from a different USB port and it worked fine for a few prints then it locked up again. Printer does print a test alignment page though. running Vista.
Any ideas? thanks in advance

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
when you say locked up, do you mean the printer stopped printing? or the computer locked up?

try to print directly to the printer. this will bypass the print spooler and send data to the printer. downside, the computer may lock up while the print is running. I suggest a simple txt file to test print function. If printing appears fine, you may have an issue with the spooler service. Some software could be interfering with the ability to operate properly.

Printers and Faxes, right click you printer, choose advanced tab, tick print directly to printer.

If that works, perhaps you have many startup programs that could be prohibiting the ability to print properly.

Reaction score
Hi Surfer, when i say locked up, I mean the nothing happened and the printer just didn't print again. Sorry for any confusion. As for printing directly, when I choose 'Print directly to the printer' in its properties, I get an error message 'Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed (error 0X0000070c)'

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Interesting. See how these things can be identified. Check this out.

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-print-fax-scan/79355-vista-lexmark-x2470-printer-all-one.html

See post number 5

From the linked forum:
You are not going to believe this but could this on the Lexmark
Support/Driver site for your X2470 be the answer:

http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/...29:1:0:538:0:0

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention Windows Vista Users

If you have installed your printer on your PC using an original Lexmark
Driver CD that came with your product and you are experiencing problems
when printing, you may have installed the Windows XP driver.

Follow these steps to resolve:
· Disconnect your USB cable from your printer.
· Uninstall all Lexmark printer drivers on your PC.
· Download the correct Vista driver for your model.
· Install the driver on your PC.

Important - Do not reconnect the USB cable until the install software
prompts the question of how the printer is connected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the driver they have for VISTA:

http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?
ccs=229:1:0:538:0:0&searchLang=en&os_group=Windows%20Vista&target=

cjr2400EN.exe: Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista.

If this is not it then have a look at this Microsoft Hotfix that
applies to Multifunction Printers and if you have that second instance
of the printer get onto Microsoft as shown and get the hotfix.

Look forward to hearing from you!

The link for the repair is after this particular post.

Reaction score
Hi Seamus. I've got the same problem with my Lexmark printer. I'd like to know if you solved your problem in order to tell me what to do. Hope to hear from you soon.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
This post is considerably old (in forum years) so i am not so certain that he will post. Most people get their answers and rarely come back. Try the steps listed above and see if that helps. If it does, post back with results. If not, we'll try again.

Welcome, btw. :D

Reaction score
Hi again,
latest instalment - thanks Surfer for pointing me in the direction of this:http://support.lexmark.com/index?se...de=LEXMARK_X1270&page=product&frompage=null#2

"Suggested resolution

Two printer software processes may be blocked by firewall software on your PC or Macintosh. The pswx and jswx processes play an important role in delivering print job status and printer alerts.
Step Action
1. Open the software firewall application.
Add even if they are not showing as blocked.
Help: If unsure how to add these exceptions, see the firewall manufacturer's end-user documentation or use the manufacturer's technical support services for assistance."

Well I think they might be on about a problem in Windows Firewall but I am unsure how to add lxcqpswx and lxcqjswx (applications) as exceptions. Neither of which I can find on my PC anyway, so can I down load them from somewhere? All I can get to are dozens if sites offering free scans for registry' repairs etc. Are any recommended and is the double whammy of lxcqpswx and lxcqjswx the right way to go?

Here's hoping we may be getting close Mrflights!

Seamus

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Those files are most likely the print drivers. Google suggests that they are executables. In which case, they are for some other portion of the Lexmark function. I would assume they would be in a lexmark folder, most likely in the Prgram Files.

One way you can test this is to drop the firewall completely. If you disable the firewall and you can print, there's your issue.

what happens when you search the computer for these files? Perhaps these particular files are not for your model, and require a slightly different set of files. Manufacturers change all kinds of wierd things.

Reaction score
The model number Lexmark X1270.

Method 1:
You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:
http://support.lexmark.com

Method 2:
You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check.
Lexmark X1270 Driver

Good Luck..

Ask a Question