Reaction score
i am looking to buy a laptop can anyone recommend on for less than £400
i would want at least 512mb ram
thanks, azza

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Welcome to PCR.

Have a look here for a laptop. Not too much choice at that price point.

Covenant

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hi. I'd like a full spec shiznit gaming desktop PC for half a crown :)

Recommendations?

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hi. I'd like a full spec shiznit gaming desktop PC for half a crown :)

Recommendations?

Better get your pennies and find a wishing well Floppy:p :D

www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk

's where i got my brand spanking gaming pc, but the prices seem to be steadily rising :confused: That should go down at christmas, it always does :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
azza06 said:
i am looking to buy a laptop can anyone recommend on for less than £400
i would want at least 512mb ram
thanks, azza
:)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=£400+laptop&btnG=Search

happywave.gif

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Floppybootstomp you could try looking .... hang on - do I detect a note of sarcasm here.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Covenant said:
Floppybootstomp you could try looking .... hang on - do I detect a note of sarcasm here.

Yes, you do.

And cynicism, incredulism, shakemyhead-ulism and several other kinds of ism :)

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Aaaaaaah...... I give up :)

Reaction score
I just got one of these, i actually have great service from eBuyer, before anyone actually makes any eBuyer remarks :)

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/117785

I will be upgrading the RAM for the client but i have bought two, one for myself and one for the customer i'm doing some work for. Nice, little laptops, they come with 3yrs Collect from door Warranty.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Tell you what CImrie that is a superb price for that Lappie, I shall have to keep my eye on that li'l bugger...

Flopp's you just made my night with your comments...Lmao...:lol: I know exactly what you mean mate...:D You should of asked if they wanted cream or custard with that...:D

Reaction score
Just thought i'd bring this thread back to life, just got both of the laptops i mentioned in my above post, well got them yesterday, i did however immediately put an order in for two Genuine HP 512MB Ram chips, not that these laptops cant run with 512MB, but i multi-task so i could do with a GB of ram.

Anyway back to the laptop, their absolutely awesome, i am so amazed with the quality of the laptop, well the specs on eBuyer contradict themselves, but if you just rely on their specs in the main page context, rather than the page title then you'll get the right idea.

The laptop is light and feels rigit and tough, the keyboard has a nice feel to it when typing, it has a Lightscribe drive for etching title's into the cd media instead of writing it on.

Battery life on mine is currently sitting at about 3hrs 15mins on a full charge overnight, wireless is great, set it up to logon to my network profile via fingerprint recognition also, so on the normal windows login prompt it just displays a pair of hands and tells you to swipe your finger, it then realises what finger you swiped and highlights it green before a 2second delay and then it logs you into windows, no typing at all.

It does come with twin partitions however, a restore partition, those who don't really care then that's fine, but i did go to the HP Website, grab all 500MB of drivers and then reinstall the whole laptop fresh with XP Pro SP2 making the HD one partition.

Graphics is a bummer, it is a fairly good chipset, ATI xPress 1150 256MB, however it steals 128MB from the onboard, then steals a further 128MB from the RAM slot, as the 512MB is actually welded into the motherboard, there is one ram slot for expansion.

Overall this laptop is excellent value for money, and excellent shipping from eBuyer again, i didn't select priority or anything at all, just standard delivery.

Ask a Question