Laptop Wont Boot Properly

Reaction score
Hey,
Erm... I have a Acer 30055 wxmi laptop. I have Windows Vista Home edition on it. No anti virus at the moment, and contect to the internet.. wirelessly.

Lately my I had a windows automatic update, as usual, and i restarted my laptop at the point it asked me to. It was all fine and I get to the screen where it says:
"Configuring updates: Stage 3 0f 3 - 0%. Do not turn off your computer"
The percentage doesnt increase, and about 30 secs to a minute later, my logging in screen appears for about a second, then it automatically starts shutting down.

Reaction score
Hi there,
happywave.gif

You should probably introduce yourself in the intro page before you post, but cos you're here now anyway Welcome to the forum....i'm also having probs since the last updates and as of yet have not sorted it out.
I'm sure some of the folk here will be well able to help ya....did you try going onto the microsoft site yet to see if they have any fixes (using someone else's pc )...i've been to busy to do anything yet....
Hang in there and somebody will sort you out. You may have to go back and re install a previous restore point or something. Hopefully its a simple fix.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Hiya.
I would suggest booting into safe mode to see if the updates will instaill that way. To get into safemode restart the pc and press f5 or f8 one of them should work. If that fails then put in your vista disk and run system restore and restore back to a time before you installed the updates, then try and download and install them again.

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi captain

I'm always not far away from the forums lol. :)

Hi WiZ...i'm having a few browser issues meself so i might try the same later on...i thought it was a bug/ virus first but now i think it was the new updates i got 3 days ago. I scanned with spybot and SAS and Vipre...will use outpost next. May be just a browser issue though...no panic though...i can still post LOL
Zzzzz

Ask a Question