Laptop Upgrade-ram

Reaction score
Hi,

After finally finding compatible memory for my laptop, i'm starting to have second thoughts about cutting her open and putting my dirrrty little hands inside so i'm here for advice or atleast encouragement.

I've only ever replaced a hard drive on my laptop which was very easy due to the fact you can take it out without taking the laptop casing completely apart. The worry I have is whether I can just remove the case screws, plonk the new RAM into the slot, screw it back up and turn her on? Please tell me if i'm being unbelievably nieve?

Cheers guys and gals,

Dan

Reaction score
Nope your ok do it as you have said it should be fine [be gentle]:nod:

Reaction score
and maybe some details would help;

Current spec:

COMPAQ Presario 2100
2 slots (max 1 gig)
1 used (256 MB)

Upgrade;

Adding one 512 MB DDR PC2700 (200-PIN SODIMM 333MHz) to the free slot, hopefully.

Reaction score
okey dokey then,

i've ordered the memory and will probably be on here next week explaining what went wrong and if anyone can help!!!

cheers

until then,

Dan

Reaction score
djjones69 said:
and maybe some details would help;

Current spec:

COMPAQ Presario 2100
2 slots (max 1 gig)
1 used (256 MB)

Upgrade;

Adding one 512 MB DDR PC2700 (200-PIN SODIMM 333MHz) to the free slot, hopefully.

Have a look a the manual see how to get at the RAM usually remove 1 cover that has a clip or screw lift the side tabs to the side, slot in the new RAM clip the clips back into place refit the cover and boot up:user:

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
I have a Compaq V5000. The ram is under a plastic cover on the underside. The cover is marked with a chip symbol. Most laptops employ a similar system to access the ram. Best of luck.

Covenant

Ask a Question