Laptop screen shaking any ideas?

Reaction score
I've had my laptop for about 6 months and only recently the problem has started. At random intervals the screen just starts shaking and will continue to shake for about a minute. Any ideas or advice on what is wrong/ what i should do will be much appreciated as i find this very annoying.
signature_smiley1.jpg

Reaction score
nuke123 said:
I've had my laptop for about 6 months and only recently the problem has started. At random intervals the screen just starts shaking and will continue to shake for about a minute. Any ideas or advice on what is wrong/ what i should do will be much appreciated as i find this very annoying.
signature_smiley1.jpg

Hi Nuke123............
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Could you provide a bit more info please
What make and model laptop are you using ?
What OS are you running ?
What AV are you running ?
Have you run any sort of AV to rule out infection ?

And lastly do you have any sort of speakers quite close to the laptop ?

Reaction score
Make: Medion
Model: akoya
AV: AVG 8.5

Just running another scan now
signature_smiley1.jpg
, as i forgot to think of that. Cheers

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds like a mechanical fault to me, possibly a power stage within the machine going intermittently faulty or the screen unit itself at fault.

I'm assuming when you say the screen is shaking you mean physically vibrating?

Or do you mean there's just visual fluctuations?

In the latter scenario, that's likely a hardware fault as well but possibly software.

If the machine is only six months old it will still be under warranty so if I were you I'd contact your supplier with a view to a repair under warranty.

Unless you're absolutely convinced it's a software fault of course, in which case it's your problem, not the suppliers.

Reaction score
I'm afraid its the latter. My title wasn't descriptive enough. There are fluctuations in the display rather than the actual screen vibrating. I fear its also a software problem which will mean it being looked at by a professional which is going to be pricey as always :(. But thanks for the info.

Ask a Question