Laptop recommendations

Reaction score
Hi

Iam looking to buy a laptop to free up space within our small house

i want it to be able to play games pretty well , such as eve online, medal of honor, and others, but not worried about quake, doom, halo etc

any suggestions ?

budget is around £1000 - £1500 maybe more.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is plenty of money for a laptop, so you should be able to buy something good. Do you want a small and portable laptop, or something that would mainly be plugged into the wall. The reason I ask is that there are some larger, heavier laptops which would be good for around the house use, but would not be ideal for on the move.

Your primary concern would be graphics card and monitor size I assume, and I think there are some high-end ATI graphics cards in laptops now, partnered with a 15" SXGA+ TFT.

You could always give dell.co.uk a look, as they often have some good offers (and make good laptops). Avoid smaller companies such as tiny.com, as their laptops simply can't compete.

Reaction score
mainly for around the home really

but may take it for the odd trip durin the year.

the dell 9100 looks nice, but when ive finished addin the extras its like £1800 lol
is there really much diff between the 9700 and the 9800 on that laptop.

my main 2 things like you said are screen size and graphics, these need to be good.

thx
mike

Ask a Question