Laptop Recommendations

Reaction score
Hi,

Just stumbled across this forum whilst looking for a new laptop on-line and thought someone maybe able to give me (being a complete novice) some much needed advice. My budget is about £500-£800 and the main things i'll be needing for will be downloading music, watching films, on-line gaming and general internet useage. I maybe using it for some music production but nothing major. Can anyone help with the spec I'll need and any good makes/models?

Also what are the best firewalls to get in considering i'll be spending a lot of time on the net?

Thanks in advance

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
You may consider the new laptops from IBM which have widescreens as well as are multimedia ready, this is what you should be looking at IBM Z Series

We have a section on Security, Spyware and Viruses where you will be able to read up on Firewall as well, take a look there and you will get most of the answers to your questions. If still you need some info or advise post in that section and we will be responding to your query. :)

Reaction score
Dont get a Sony Vaio. Good laptop but Sony customer support when it breaks is crap. They are not interested.

Ask a Question