Laptop for £400

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
My friend ..not top of consumer electronic league table has asked me what laptop he should get for his 13 year old daughter ..for homework...and general browsing...Told him to keep £50 back for Office so £350 ...
Thanks in advance for help :)

Reaction score
Rush said:
3 year old daughter ..for homework...

As it will be used for "Homework" =Myspace, Fartbook, Bebo, Tagged etc it doesn't need to be high spec then..Yer not really going to get much for £350 unless there is a computer fare around your area..Check this link at PC world.
http://tinyurl.com/y927dxk

Reaction score
Rush said:
Thanx Madx

What about this..his suggestion ?

Scrapmy link..That is a half decent laptop...YOu gonna get others saying stay away from Dell and Acer,but seriously, tthat will just be their opinion based on what they have read ormaybe if they have owned..Everybodies experience of a product is different...Everybody slags Acer off, Ihave afew Acer laprops and have no problems, Same with Dell. I have a Dell and no problems in 5 years, but some say stay away..
That is a good laptop for the money..I'd say go for it, unless somebody else finds something with better spec for less....

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for your time m8...very much appreciated :thumb:

Madxgraphics said:
Scrapmy link..That is a half decent laptop...YOu gonna get others saying stay away from Dell and Acer,but seriously, tthat will just be their opinion based on what they have read ormaybe if they have owned..Everybodies experience of a product is different...Everybody slags Acer off, Ihave afew Acer laprops and have no problems, Same with Dell. I have a Dell and no problems in 5 years, but some say stay away..
That is a good laptop for the money..I'd say go for it, unless somebody else finds something with better spec for less....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nowt wrong with Dell in my book. For laptops anyway, wouldn't touch their desktop machines with a ten foot pole.

I've only ever heard bad things about Acer, including two friends who each bought one about the same time 18 months ago and both agree it was one of the worst purchases of their lives.

£350.00 is an ample budget for a basic homework/browsing laptop, I bought my twin daughters one each within that budget 27 months ago and they've served them both admirably at Uni. Both Toshibas and both bought hassle-free from laptops uk.

The Dell linked to looks good.

Ask a Question