LAND Attack

G

I run Win XP and I use McAfee firewall in addition to the ICF in windows. I am connnected to a LAN through the apartment complex I live in. The firewall software has been telling me that it has blocked over a dozen LAND attacks in the last few days. I'm not really concerned because the attacks are being blocked but I want to try and do something about this. Is it possible to block the attacks permanently or find out where/who they are coming from? I have alreay notified my network admin. about the problem too.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

You did do "something about this"....you installed a firewall and it's doing
it's job as designed. How do you stop rain from falling on your clean car
during a torrential down pour?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|I run Win XP and I use McAfee firewall in addition to the ICF in windows. I am connnected to a LAN through
the apartment complex I live in. The firewall software has been telling me that it has blocked over a dozen
LAND attacks in the last few days. I'm not really concerned because the attacks are being blocked but I want
to try and do something about this. Is it possible to block the attacks permanently or find out where/who
they are coming from? I have alreay notified my network admin. about the problem too.

Ask a Question