Keyboard macro 'autocorrect' type freeware

Peter Boulton

Hi,

Shortkeys Lite (http://www.shortkeys.com/lite.htm) comes closest to what
I am looking for, but it only allows 15 macros, which is too small.

I basically want something like this, where I type, say, 'pps' into any
application and it expands to 'http://www.PowerProgrammer.co.uk/' like
Word AutoCorrect.

It also has to be simple to add / amend these macros, which rules out
AutoHotkeys (because you have to stop it running, locate the source
file, edit it, recompile it and then launch it again).

I'd have thought there were loads of alternatives for something like
this, but as far as I can Google, I have not found anything even close.
Remember, it's text replacement I'm after, not hot keys.

Can anyone suggest a freeware which does this job?

TIA!

Pete

Susan Bugher

Peter said:
Hi,

Shortkeys Lite (http://www.shortkeys.com/lite.htm) comes closest to what
I am looking for, but it only allows 15 macros, which is too small.

I basically want something like this, where I type, say, 'pps' into any
application and it expands to 'http://www.PowerProgrammer.co.uk/' like
Word AutoCorrect.

It also has to be simple to add / amend these macros, which rules out
AutoHotkeys (because you have to stop it running, locate the source
file, edit it, recompile it and then launch it again).

I'd have thought there were loads of alternatives for something like
this, but as far as I can Google, I have not found anything even close.
Remember, it's text replacement I'm after, not hot keys.

Can anyone suggest a freeware which does this job?

TypeItIn (v 2.0) is Pricelessware
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005DESKTOP.php#0795-PW

TypeItIn
(Freeware) (last Freeware version)
Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000
Languages: English
information you want into any application. You can use TypeItIn to fill
out forms on the web, or process forms at work. It's a great tool for
applications where you frequently type the same thing like creating HTML
code or writing standard letters or emails. Another great use is for
entering user names and passwords. You can also launch applications or
web sites with the click of a button. TypeItIn can automatically type in
the time, date, month, or day of the week too.
Company: Wavget.com Author: Paul P.M. Beuger
Program description; v 2.0 (1999-07-15) (typeitin.zip) (365 KB)
http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page5.html
Home Page ($ware):
http://www.wavget.com/typeitin.html

AllChars is Pricelessware
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005BUSINESS-HOME.php#0041-PW

AllChars
(Freeware)
Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP
Languages: English, French (user manuals available in Russian and French)
(accents, typos, currency symbols, etc.) easily accessible within any
Windows application. Just type the Ctrl-key followed by two characters
that in combination specify the character. AllChars also supports
macros. You can type short names, resulting in AllChars sending long
text bits to your application. Support for macros include secure macros
for logins, insert date/time strings and more. NOTES: If you have
problems with v3.6.2, install the v3.6.3 patch.
Company: -- Author: Jeroen Laarhoven
Home Page:
http://allchars.zwolnet.com/
download page: v 3.6.2 (allchars362setup.exe) (474 KB),
(allchars362.zip) (361 KB)
http://allchars.zwolnet.com/download.html
Patch for v3.6.2: (allchars363patch.zip)
http://allchars.zwolnet.com/download/allchars363patch.zip

2005PL CD files: allchars362setup.exe allchars362.zip
allchars363patch.zip

more possibilities here:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_DESKTOP.php#2.00FormFiller;Shortcuts

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://google.ca/advanced_group_search?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware

Klaatu

I basically want something like this, where I type, say, 'pps' into
any application and it expands to 'http://www.PowerProgrammer.co.uk/'
like Word AutoCorrect.

It also has to be simple to add / amend these macros, which rules out
AutoHotkeys (because you have to stop it running, locate the source
file, edit it, recompile it and then launch it again).

I'd have thought there were loads of alternatives for something like
this, but as far as I can Google, I have not found anything even
close.
Remember, it's text replacement I'm after, not hot keys.

Can anyone suggest a freeware which does this job?

Windows PowerPro (http://www.ppro.org) should come close to what you are
wanting to do. I know I use it for something similar.

jack horsfield

Hi,

Shortkeys Lite (http://www.shortkeys.com/lite.htm) comes closest to what
I am looking for, but it only allows 15 macros, which is too small.

I basically want something like this, where I type, say, 'pps' into any
application and it expands to 'http://www.PowerProgrammer.co.uk/' like
Word AutoCorrect.

It also has to be simple to add / amend these macros, which rules out
AutoHotkeys (because you have to stop it running, locate the source
file, edit it, recompile it and then launch it again).

you don't have to recompile the autohotkeys file.

with a small amount of effort you could probably make an autohotkeys script
that reads in abbreviation and expansion in whatever format you choose, and
you could have the definitions in a file that you open using a single key.
all the functionality is there...

jack
slightly sat-upon...not exactly flattened but rounded rather than vibrant

Frank Bohan

Klaatu said:
Windows PowerPro (http://www.ppro.org) should come close to what you are
wanting to do. I know I use it for something similar.

I use AllChars.As an example, when I type //l it expands to <LI><A
HREF="http://"></A> -.
It can also be used to encode passwords. To edit macros just type Ctrl-am
(or edit the .ini file).
I also use it for my taglines.

http://allchars.zwolnet.com

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Fun Fact: Pig Latin for "trash" is "ashtray".