Keeps rebooting before windows loads after XP Pro install!!!!

G

I'm trying to install a legal copy of XP Pro over an existing XP Pro. During the process I got: "NetConfig Assert failure. d:\xpspl\net\config\shell\netsetup\wupgrade.cpp Line 694 Assert( IsUnattended(pWizard)) " I selected retry. After a long wait, it seemed to continue. When I looked again it had rebooted and ask to boot to Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Network, Start last known good version or normal start. I've tried each one and it goes and then reboots immediately to the same screen. After many hours, I could only hold the Power button to turn it off. I've tried to Install XP Pro again and it gets the same error. Help!

The system setup log file has "Setup could not register the ole control c:\Program Files\Common Files\System OLEDB\oledb32.dll because load library returned error 127, etc

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Clean Install Windows XP
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| I'm trying to install a legal copy of XP Pro over an existing XP Pro. During the process I got: "NetConfig
Assert failure. d:\xpspl\net\config\shell\netsetup\wupgrade.cpp Line 694 Assert( IsUnattended(pWizard))
" I selected retry. After a long wait, it seemed to continue. When I looked again it had rebooted and ask
to boot to Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Network, Start last known good version or normal start. I've tried
each one and it goes and then reboots immediately to the same screen. After many hours, I could only hold the
Power button to turn it off. I've tried to Install XP Pro again and it gets the same error. Help!
|
| The system setup log file has "Setup could not register the ole control c:\Program Files\Common Files\System
OLEDB\oledb32.dll because load library returned error 127, etc
| --
| G.D.

Ask a Question