keep getting error message when sending mail

cassac103

this is the error message I get when I always send on mail. Connecting to
imap.aol.com.
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Prize Status
Inquiry-Club Bing Help Request (KMM19009008V20695L0KM)' Account: imap.aol.com
(1)", Server: 'smtp,aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure (SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E. I have windows Vista and aol
as my brower and email and I us ATT U-Verse. I hope you can help me in terms
that I understand. Thank you.

Gary VanderMolen

Wrong server name (smtp,aol.com should be smtp.aol.com), wrong port number.
Follow AOL's instructions:
http://postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html

Those instructions were written for Outlook Express, but
Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express.
Specifically, see steps 5 and 8 under "To configure..."

Your connectivity provider does not matter except that they will block port 25
connections to AOL.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)