I can receive mail but I CANNOT send mail....help!

CJ

This is the message I get:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'pics 1', Account:
'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 80,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

evelyn

CJ said:
This is the message I get:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'pics 1', Account:
'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 80,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Dave N9

AOL doesn't use port 80..
see
http://about.aol.com/faq/openmailaccess#OE6
These instructions for OE will work for Windows Mail.

Also, make sure "My server requires authentication" is checked.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)