KB822343 - Installed, but still shows up as needing to be installed

Bram Veltman

Hi Folks,

Has anyone else run into this issue? I have installed the KB822343 fix
on a Windows 2000 (SP4) Server and it still shows up as needing to be
installed (even after reboot). I've installed it on other servers, without a
problem. For some reason, it just won't take on this last server.

(FYI - I have verified that the Nsisapi.exe file is version 6.0.2600.0)

TIA,

Bram

Terrence Tan [MSFT]

Try the steps in KB 822798 "You cannot install some updates or programs"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822798

Or try downloading the hotfix install packages to local machine
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-025.mspx),
boot to safe mode and install the hotfixes.

***
Terrence Tan [MSFT]
Microsoft Enterprise Platforms Support

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me.
This allows others to add to and benefit from these threads
and also helps to ensure a more timely response.
This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either
expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the
implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a
particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting
are mine and do not necessarily express or reflect the views
and/or opinions of Microsoft.
--------------------
From: "Bram Veltman" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update
Subject: KB822343 - Installed, but still shows up as needing to be installed
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:31:08 +0200

Hi Folks,

Has anyone else run into this issue? I have installed the KB822343 fix
on a Windows 2000 (SP4) Server and it still shows up as needing to be
installed (even after reboot). I've installed it on other servers, without a
problem. For some reason, it just won't take on this last server.

(FYI - I have verified that the Nsisapi.exe file is version 6.0.2600.0)

TIA,

Bram

Terrence Tan [MSFT]

Here is the link to download any available hotfix to the local machine.
Microsoft Security Bulletin
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx
***