Kaspersky

Reaction score
My computer has been acting up a bit lately..I basically leave it running 24/7 as it is my cruncher..

Today I did a scan using Kaspersky, and when I went to check if it had picked up anything, all I got was whats in the image below..

Kaspersky1.jpg

As you can see there are to events if you want to call them that marked as "Very Dangerous"..So I scrolled to the bottom, to the left bottom corner where it says "Disinfect All/Quarantine"..As you can see from the image below, "Disinfect all" is greyed out.

kaspersky2.jpg

I then clicked on "Quarantine" to which a new window opened, but nothing showing up as a "Quarantine" folder..Image below...I have left Kaspersky pretty much alone, using recomended settings for everything appart from some changes when it comes to scanning E-mails..

kaspersk3.jpg

I am somewhat confused by this all..Does anybody have any answers or solutions..? Your help, advice would be greatly appreciated...:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's Adobe software, and, as such, very dangerous ... uninstall it. :thumb:

Kis is just informing you that there are potential dangers until Adobe patch the holes.

Go get This program and see what other programs are crap, err, faulty and potential holes for viruses, worms, Trojans, nasties and uncle tom cobley and all.

:wave:

Reaction score
Thanks Mucks..I ran said program and it came back with no threats...Went to Programs and Features and uninstalled Adobe Air and everything seems to be running fine now..No freezing so far...Should I also remove Shockwave and Flash..?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Up to you ... I don't need 'em meself, so I don't use them. :)

Use PSI to tell you what is/has potential problems ... it will advise you, and show you, what needs patching. :thumb:

:user:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Up to you ... I don't need 'em meself, so I don't use them. :)

Use PSI to tell you what is/has potential problems ... it will advise you, and show you, what needs patching. :thumb:

Ok I used PSI to check for patches and it patched a few things, but kept on telling me that yahoo toolbar was end-life and needed updating..Mmmm Strange I have no Yahoo toolbars on computer and never have...

Uninstalled Flash and Shockwave and went about clearing any debries that might not have been removed with Uninstall...Ran Ccleaner then rebooted.
I ran Kaspersky again and checked..Still putting Adobe into very dangerous and its now also telling me 7-zip is Extremely Dangerous as well as Real time player...Funny how Real time and 7ZIP are not on the machine and never have been...
Oh well I will just have to put up with it acting funny and slugish at times....Or might just use Linux for a while....

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Madx, I was wondering - when you say that you find things a bit sluggish sometimes, does that just happen when Kaspersky is running scans? Because I found that the daily scan really slowed things down to a crawl here. At first I thought that something had got into the PC, but then found that it always coincided with KIS scanning. I've altered the schedule for that to early morning before I get up, and it has made a huge difference.

Also - and I hope you don't mind me taking a shot (you and the guys are more knowledgeable than me,) but re the Yahoo toolbar. I just wondered whether there was any chance that something you have installed, was "offering" the toolbar as a little extra? CCleaner usually does (I always un-tick it, as I'm sure most of us do) but could you have missed something like that, do you suppose?

Regarding 7-ZIP, it looks as though others are querying this too, over on the Kaspersky Forum, which you might like to take a look at.
:wave:

Reaction score
HI Taffy
My computer slows down when KAspersky is scanning, but not much..I have mine to run at something like 4am or there about...It just seemed that after a while of been on the net if I tried to goto a different site or hit a different tab on the site I was on then it would take its time in loading or openinmg whatever I was after..I know my broaband isn't at fault, I have good up and download speed, and good ping when I ping sites..BT have checked the line and its fine..

All the software I have on my computer is bought and payed for out of a box if you want to put it that way..I don't downlaod freebies foff the net that give you the option to install Yahoo toolbar, then install it for you even though you chose not to accept...lol..Sorry I tell a porky there I did downlaod PAragon PArtition MAnager, but that didn't have any toolbars..

I did see last night on one or othre forum about this 7-zip and a few people talikng about it...

Anyway I did a full clean install last night after posting my last post, plus installed Linux Mint..I'm now just installing all my software again and will wait and see if it is any better......Fingers crossed...:thumb:

Edit : Oh and Secunia has now stopped working on me...Is this piece of software actually any bloody good...? Seems everytime I have downloaded it, you use it once or twice then it breaks and you ave to go for the full paid for version..Mmmm...MAybe this is where the bl**dy tool bar is..

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
If you downloaded and ran CCleaner, a free program, off the net, ("to quote yourself" Ran Ccleaner then rebooted.) you may well have installed Yahoo toolbar, it does, as TC said, install Yahoo toolbar if you do not un-tick the box ... always install the slim version of CC.

If you don't like a program, or what it does, don't use it. :thumb:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
If you don't like a program, or what it does, don't use it. :thumb:

Ccleaner I use is tthe "Slim" one..I got the link from a post you made the other day....Anyway all seems to be ok now after fresh install.....:thumb:

Ask a Question