Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

Review Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Sorry I don't do Greek

It's Russian and I assume that we are looking at the Russian version of KIS. :)

Reaction score
nivrip said:
It's Russian and I assume that we are looking at the Russian version of KIS. :)

russian, Greek, Turkish...Alll the same to me really, cause its not the queens English...lol

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Sorry I don't do Greek...Where do you get your info and pics from..? I have been on Kaspersky forum and even e-mailed Kaspersky, and they say they do NOT do skins for their products...You might find others have developed things which they use to minipulate Kaspersky....Show me on KIS site where you can downlod Skins etc..PLease do,:thumb:

If you read my post the information is right there,

http://forum.kasperskyclub.com/blog/pipkin/index.php?cat=43

As to "Show me on KIS site where you can downlod Skins etc..PLease do," I don't give a stuff if Kaspersky do extra skins or not or if they have em on their site. My reply was to your statement "You can't change the skins/theme of Kaspersky." Which is apparently clearly not true an here is ome more proof.

attachment.php

happywave.gif

By the way that link is for the official Kaspersky forum. An it may interest you to know that Eugene Kaspersky has his own section in the forums where you can ask him questions direct. As the site also gives excellent details of how to create your own skins aswell as member examples it would be most interesting to see the e-mails you sent and reciceved regarding the question on skins. ;)

http://forum.kasperskyclub.com/index.php?

Attachments

• 2009-05-06_133010.jpg
    2009-05-06_133010.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

Well I downloaded a skin for Kaspersky and it installed ok. Above see pics of it actually being used. Was quite neat to see the lights change colour.

KISS may do its job well but it is a bit of a nanny, perfect for newbies. Can't sayt I like it though as it told me I had a trojan, but would not tell me what it was or where it was. Gave no option to quarantine it or check it out. Only told me that a trojan had been found and that I needed to restart my system so that it could disinfect it. So there are no advanced options which I think is pants. Even though I have 7 months left on the licence I may dump it and go back to Avast simply for the extra control plus the facdt it has not screwed me computer up in over 4 years of use.

:(

Attachments

• 2009-05-30_133533.jpg
    2009-05-30_133533.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 434
  • 2009-05-30_133603.jpg
    2009-05-30_133603.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 454
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Well I downloaded a skin for Kaspersky and it installed ok. Above see pics of it actually being used. Was quite neat to see the lights change colour.

KISS may do its job well but it is a bit of a nanny, perfect for newbies. Can't sayt I like it though as it told me I had a trojan, but would not tell me what it was or where it was. Gave no option to quarantine it or check it out. Only told me that a trojan had been found and that I needed to restart my system so that it could disinfect it. So there are no advanced options which I think is pants. Even though I have 7 months left on the licence I may dump it and go back to Avast simply for the extra control plus the facdt it has not screwed me computer up in over 4 years of use.

:(

Ya may find this hard to believe but i dumped KIS earlier this year cos i didnt like it....wonders never cease man....I quite like Vipre now and its running out on me in 11 days...i'll have to get another magazine with another free 90 days LOL.
Might try Avira next.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Ya may find this hard to believe but i dumped KIS earlier this year cos i didnt like it....wonders never cease man...

And since then you have made a few posts about all kinds of intrusions etc on your PC which you thought was something to do with Firefox...:p

Abarbarian said:

After following the links you showed me after me telling you you can't do Skins etc on Kaspersky, I tried to install a skin and ended up reinstalling Kaspersky as it died on me..When I re-installed, I kept getting messages saying I had some nasties, which pointed to the folder which contained the skin, which incedently was downloaded from Kaspersky forum,and if I am not mistaken from a Mods post..

Anyway I agree with you on the fact Kaspersky tells you, you have something, but when yu go to the option to quarenteen it, it doesn't work, and there are no advanced features...Yeah I am happy that KIS says there is a problem and they say they have dealt wiith it and a re-start is needed. But hey at the end of the day, if I have a Trojan or the like, I want to click the buttons that kill it...A mate of mine that is a major, or was KIS fan has been usin the new Norton, and he says it is way better than KIS..This is coming from a guy that sowre by KIS...Mmmm I might make the change and see what happens..I still have a few more licences on KIS, so if it goes wrong I can switch back..I am not a fan of Avast or AVG orany of those free AV thingies...Everytime I have tried one, I have had some problem and 9 times out of 10 had to do a fresh install...Anyway each to there own..:thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
There is a trick to the skins Madx. Turn of Application Filtering and Proactive Defence, point to folder, turn both back on again, restart KISS.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
There is a trick to the skins Madx. Turn of Application Filtering and Proactive Defence, point to folder, turn both back on again, restart KISS.

happywave.gif

Cheers Abar..Will give that a go tomorrow at some point...:thumb::thumb:

Ask a Question