Kasperksy v Norton

Reaction score
Hi

Is there any advantage in running more than one antivirus programme? I'm thinking that if one fails to spot a virus, the other might.

I'm running Norton AV 2005 but someone told me that Kaspersky is better.

I have System Mechanic on my pc (though what use it is I fail to see) but I didn't load Kaspersky because of the scary warning that I needed to unload NAV first.

Does anyone know if I can run both? If not, is there another antivirus programme I could run alongside Norton?

Reaction score
Two AV Products could cause conflicts so it's best to stick to one.

Now personally, out of the two products you have listed i'd go for Kaspersky everytime. It's less of a resource hog than Norton and from reports i have read it has a better detection rate than Norton (personally i'm not surprised).

If i was in your situation i'd ditch Norton in favour of Kaspersky or (my favourite) Nod32.

Hope that helps.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Canes Venatici said:
Two AV Products could cause conflicts so it's best to stick to one.

Now personally, out of the two products you have listed i'd go for Kaspersky everytime. It's less of a resource hog than Norton and from reports i have read it has a better detection rate than Norton (personally i'm not surprised).

If i was in your situation i'd ditch Norton in favour of Kaspersky or (my favourite) Nod32.

Hope that helps.
Save me writing out the same answer ... :D

If you need a second onion to your AV, use an "on-line scanner" once a week ... all the top AVs have one.

OH, and just in case you are not sure ... I personally liked Kaspersky. ;)

Ask a Question