Can't Remove Kaspersky Int Security 2010......Please Help!

Reaction score
PLEASE IGNORE!...........(Can't Remove Kaspersky Int Security 2010......Please Help!)

SORRY.....I'VE GOT A FAR BIGGER ISSUE THAT I NEED HELP WITH......DON'T KNOW HAT I'M DOING!

Hi,

I've got Kaspersky Internet Security 2010......its been coming up with a lot of prompts and messages tonight, a bit crazy........anyway to cut a long story short I just want to remove it and try reinstalling an updated version or something.

When I tried to remove it from "Add or Remove" Programme rather than removing it, the Installation process starts......when I tried deleting it by going into Program Files in my C Drive, it wouldn't delete and a message comes up saying:

"Cannot delete abhelper.dll:Acess is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use"

At this stage I'm not too bothered about the messages and may be false detections I've been getting from Kaspersky itself when its running because I've got Malwarebytes thats detected things but Kaspersky seems all over the place or may be its just me........I just need help removing it from my PC please......there must be a simple and guaranteed way of doing this??

Thank you.

Jay

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sometimes when you try and remove programs it looks like its gonna install again, but it doesn't. Its just configuring itself before it uninstalls. You could try it and let it run to see what happens....Wait for more suggestions though. I'm sure somebody here will be able to help.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
reformat the PC

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3990158.php

user.gif

Exactly my thoughts:nod:

Reaction score
In order to uninstall the Kaspersky:
• Download the archive KAVremover.zip
• unpack the file KAVremover.exe from the archive
• run the file KAVremover.exe
• in the field enter the code from the picture
• click the Remove button
• wait till the dialog window is displayed informing about successful product removal
• click the OK button
reboot your computer"

Ask a Question