Just went out to Car Park...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I was just wondering about a camera or something.

How far is the car from your house?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
They might nick the laptop though which would be even worse :eek:

Reaction score
If need be i can park it like two car widths away from my window, but requires me to go outside as soon as dad goes to work on his shift tonight, so i'll be doing that.

Problem is, you could smash my car window and the alarm wont go off, Ford Factory alarms are crap, it will only go off if the doors open or the boot or bonet.

And since the doors deadlock, the doors wont open even if you tried.

So the alarm is basically useless, i have one of those Creative Cam's in my junk box, was linked to my pc but i have stripped the pc down today so its not in use, so i'll mount that tonight and use Windows Remote Desktop to monitor it, i'll try and find an app in a sec to archive images every 5seconds.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Can you not have the camera looking out of the window overlooking the car?

Do you have an air rifle?

Reaction score
No as the car actually is to the side of the house, if i really lean out the window i can see the entire car, otherwise i can only see the bonet.

Reaction score
You want a radar alarm with proximity warning, so that it bleeps if anyone comes withing say 1cm of the car - even if they dont touch it. Expensive, but given you live in the ghetto, it seems like the only option.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How about sticking a PIR/Light on the side of the house? Would light the car up if someone comes near and would probably be enough to stop them. Only costs £20 or so and should do the trick if it's possible to install one there.

Reaction score
I don't like in a ghetto you fool, the area is alright, it's the pikeys that walk through this bit that cause the trouble.

I have just ordered a badge from Ford, £10.91 + VAT, getting it fitted tomorrow by father or brother, depends whos home.

Was quite funny when i rang insurance, they said yeah we can cover that, your badge would cost in total £460.91 + VAT, given that i have a £450 excess for young driver i just laughed and said not today thank you.

Reaction score
Bordon isnt THAT alright...

You have to admit, it is a bit rough.

PIR light sounds like a good idea... you could mount a CCTV camera (£8 from macro) to watch your car aswell.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just done a search for Bordon and it seems ok to me, you should have seen where we were living just a few months ago, and I bet there was worse than that around :lol:

Reaction score
Think a trip to Macro is in order tomorrow.

And PIR could be tricky... but i'll see what can be done.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I've just done a search for Bordon and it seems ok to me, you should have seen where we were living just a few months ago, and I bet there was worse than that around
laughingsmiley.gif

Read, and weep.

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=749

And, yes - Bordon is an Army town...

Reaction score
That is rather an exageration to what it is now, it's nice and quiet round the bit i live in, the chav's mainly live in the council estates which are across the road, a fair distance away from my house.

The only trouble you get is when they have to walk through our area to get back to their side of the road, and thats when they normally damage stuff, exactly what they done to my car, as a path runs down the side of my house, next to the carpark, thus how they done it.

I'm going to take some photos in a bit of the crime scene as such, and if it happens again at least i have a track record of notes and photos.

Build a case against these sods, get the parents to pay me :)

Ask a Question