Just went out to Car Park...

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm absolutely fuming, just went out to the car, it's parked in a sort of private car park out the side of the house, where other neighbours park for our little estate.

When to my shock, i see a kid knelt down next to my car actually letting air out of my tyres, he must've been about 6 or 7 years old, when i said "Oi what do you think your doing" to the kid, he turned around to look at me and told me to "F*** O**" and gave me the finger, as he calmly walked away like nothing had happened.

To make things worse, he must've been attempting to do all of my tyres, as mysteriously, all my Valve Caps have gone :eek:

I don't even know where this kid lives, as he just walked straight up the road, never went near any houses.

Can't believe the attitude of kids now-a-days, their only tiny, and are already involved in comitting crimes, and using bad language.

I am sitting here wondering whether to report it to the Police, but in all honesty, what is the point, the kid is too young for anything to happen, and i doubt i'll ever see him again, as i don't recognise him as being from a family that lives near us.

Argh, suppose i best go pump my tyres up then head to the Car Shop to buy some locking Valve Caps now.

:wall:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not just now, some kids have been and will always be little buggers! I wouldn't bother reporting it to the police as they will have to investigate it and it will only waste their time for something more serious - just put it down as one of those things. :)

Or buy an air rifle and hide in the bushes waiting! ;) I'd be pretty cheesed off too if someone did that as well, it's just such a hassle.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
same here

Does not suprise me Chris....Last week (wednesday) after work at about 3pm ..little Aaron who is two was happily playing with his toys ...when i heard a knock at the door...as i was walking down the hall a face was hard pressed against my front door ?? , it was absolutely peeing down , i opened the door and a little kid asked if i needed my garden doing...no i said its pouring down. I closed the door and went into the kitchen ...after about a minute little Aaron started screaming i ran to him and just caught the little git ducking under my window then jumping up with a scream mask on...i went beserk ..he was only about 7 or 8 and he gave me the bird and fled.
:mad:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Or buy an air rifle and hide in the bushes waiting! ;)
:eek: I get the feeling that if did that you may get a visit from an ARV (Armed Responce Vehicle)
What car you got Chris? Are the valve caps worth something??

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And some lovely person ran their key along my nearside rear door coupla weeks ago :mad:

It really does get up my nose and I feel powerless.

I was tempted to suggest you should have thumped the little git if there were no witnesses, but then your car may have suffered :(

I do rather like Ian's suggestion about the air rifle, but you'd be hiding for hours and hours and nothing may happen.

I've also had three Mercedes badges stolen from the front of my bonnet, one a year so far, £13.00 each to replace.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I do rather like Ian's suggestion about the air rifle, but you'd be hiding for hours and hours and nothing may happen..

lol, I was only joking Tony :lol:

In truth, I'd march him to his parents if I knew where he lived - but it seems Chris doesn't know who the little blighter is.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How'd you get the scratch out by the way? I've always wondered (and will probably need to know living in Manchester!)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
How'd you get the scratch out by the way? I've always wondered (and will probably need to know living in Manchester!)

I have no idea.

I shall visit Halfords to see if there's a solution.

If there isn't I'll visit Al on the Peninsula and see if he can do it.

Al does car bodywork. He be good :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
lol, I was only joking Tony
laughingsmiley.gif

In truth, I'd march him to his parents if I knew where he lived - but it seems Chris doesn't know who the little blighter is.
Unfortunately thats often where the problem lies Ian - the Parents probably don't care, and will more than likely turn on you for harrassing their 'poor little Johnny' - and you end up getting arrested for assault :rolleyes:

....I prefered your first suggestion :D

Reaction score
Imrie - if i were you, i *would* have pushed his (now severely disfigured) face in the floor and DEMANDED to be told where he lived, so that you could go and have a quiet word with his parents. After all, little Tyrone Jr fell over, you never layed a finger on him, right? right.

You dont pay for your insurance, and its fully comp. Whats the worst he's gonna do? Put a window in? That right there is criminal damage, and the police CAN get involved for that.

I dont care how old he might have been - rule # 1 - NEVER, EVER **** With a mans car.

Reaction score
Going to get some Richbrook spinning valve caps tomorrow, and i drive a Ford Focus, and to have my car targeted when i very rarely talk to or go near any Chav's or Neighbours is something i find annoying.

Why they picked my car i don't know, parked it somewhere else for the night anyway, so all should be safe for tonight until i get these valve caps tomorrow to replace the now 'missing' caps.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You should of cuffed him round the ear like a certain Policeman did to me when i was a youngster and got caught throwing crab apples at traffic, I was only about 8 but the copper who caught me gave me a right dressing down and wanged my ear with his hand it wasn't hard enough to do any damage but did narf sting my ear lobe...I never done it again and learn't my lesson good and proper...

Thats whats missing nowadays, a bit of common sense on the coppers part could put a stop to any vandalism or peskiness from kids, but their hands are tied nowadays as they would get sued for assault...The kids know this thats why they give you the finger and a mouthful of abuse into the bargain..

Sorry to hear that Chris, by the way them locking caps have grub screws that tighten to the valve stem, those little buggers know this and carry allen keys so they can nick them as well....;)

D

DoctorWho4eva

Just leave it. Hope he got hit by a car! (I dont mean it)
Kids these days dont know what they could get done in for, if he was a few years older then he would either have a fine or be doing a few days community service!

Reaction score
Wouldn't guess what happened today then would you...

Both Ford badges have been nicked off my car, and i mean they are actually stuck on that hard its impossible to peel them off without force, well you peel the back one off.

The front one is on a swivel for the Bonet release, both gone and smashed in the carpark, i went round picking up the pieces earlier.

Rang Ford, £10.91 for the back badge alone, then add VAT, and i have to fit it, or they'll charge me £24 + VAT fitting for both. They never got me a price for the front one yet, but their getting back to me, this just gets worse...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there anywhere else you can park your car? Would make my blood boil having someone do that.

Reaction score
Unfortunately there isn't, i just don't know what to do, i actually sat in the carpark on the kerb for a bit just looking at my poor damaged car.

Under the badges btw, there are three holes, normally sealed by the sticky foam which holds the badge on, but now, those three holes are exposed meaning water can get into the boot lining, and its raining outside, so great timing ey.

Am possibly getting a Cat 1 alarm installed on the weekend, even though it's termed as a 'hire' car they wont cover stuff like nicked badges on my insurance, and they dont allow modifications to the hire car either, but sod it, i'm getting a proper alarm installed, don't care what they say, this is ridiculous, going to make it the most sensitive alarm i can.

Argh!!!!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That sucks mate, wan*ers they are.

Hide in the car with a baseball bat, when they come back.....break their legs. That'll slow 'em down a bit....

Reaction score
I actually am thinking about putting my laptop in the boot, sticking one of those Creative 360 Pan webcam's on the parcel shelf, and running the laptop off the jumpstart unit we have in the shed.

I'll set that up tomorrow, Ford wont get me a badge till tomorrow so i'll monitor the car overnight to see if it goes walkies again.

Ask a Question