jdbgmgr.exe

sw.swan

We received an email stating that a virus has been sent
to us by 'messenger' and address book. It will sit
dormant for 14 days before damaging the system.
To prevent this you should delete a teddy bear icon named
jdbgmgr.exe
Is this correct?

**********No, the email is a virus.************

Do not reply to this email and delete it at once.
Go to symantec.com to have an on-line security and virus check.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/
Click the icon "Check for security risks" then click the "security scan" and "virus detection" respectively.
Do not use your own antiVirus software to scan for virus as your PC might be already infected by viruses.

Peter

----- (e-mail address removed) wrote: -----

We received an email stating that a virus has been sent
to us by 'messenger' and address book. It will sit
dormant for 14 days before damaging the system.
To prevent this you should delete a teddy bear icon named
jdbgmgr.exe
Is this correct?

Jim Macklin

I don't have anyway to know for sure, but you say that you
received the email, so I must assume that you didn't lie.
As for the truth about the statements made in the email you
claim to have gotten, it is a hoax that has been around for
many, many years.

You can and should remember to use your brain once in a
while. The person who sent you this is probably an ignorant
"friend" who got this email, deleted their jdbmgr.exe file
and immediately warned all their friends.

THINK, if the file can't be detected by anti-virus programs
how did they (the first person) discover it and if it was a
virus why don't the anti-virus companies know about it? The
truth is they do, it is listed as a hoax on all virus
reference sites.

A Google search will explain all the details, just search
jdbmgr

If you get any more advice to delete files on your computer,
THINK and Google.

You can find lists of hoaxes on www.sarc.com
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=hoaxes

The file is needed by Java script programmers and webpage
designers who use Java script to debug script that they
write.

"(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| We received an email stating that a virus has been sent
| to us by 'messenger' and address book. It will sit
| dormant for 14 days before damaging the system.
| To prevent this you should delete a teddy bear icon named
| jdbgmgr.exe
| Is this correct?

Jim Macklin

Gee, why bother with having anti-virus software on your
computer if being infected doesn't work?

jdbmgr is a hoax. There is a real virus with a similar name
that was written to try to get around and be ignored. But
these things are known by McAfee, Norton, AVG and all the
other companies. Google has a ton of links to the hoaxes
and the truth.

It isn't a virus, it is just spam sent by ignorant friends
who are worried the sky is falling.

message
| Hi,
|
| **********No, the email is a virus.************
|
| Do not reply to this email and delete it at once.
| Go to symantec.com to have an on-line security and virus
check.
| http://securityresponse.symantec.com/
| Click the icon "Check for security risks" then click the
"security scan" and "virus detection" respectively.
| Do not use your own antiVirus software to scan for virus
as your PC might be already infected by viruses.

| Peter
|

| ----- (e-mail address removed) wrote: -----
|
| We received an email stating that a virus has been
sent
| to us by 'messenger' and address book. It will sit
| dormant for 14 days before damaging the system.
| To prevent this you should delete a teddy bear icon
named
| jdbgmgr.exe
| Is this correct?

zulu

PILLOCK
IT'S A HOAX
DO _NOT_ DELETE FILE

--
¦ zulu ¦
Dell Dimension XPS-T700r, 512 MB RAM, XP Pro. SP1

Peter said:
Hi,

**********No, the email is a virus.************

Do not reply to this email and delete it at once.
Go to symantec.com to have an on-line security and virus check.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/
Click the icon "Check for security risks" then click the "security scan"
and "virus detection" respectively.
Do not use your own antiVirus software to scan for virus as your PC might
be already infected by viruses.

SDC

Hallo (e-mail address removed),

We received an email stating that a virus has been sent
to us by 'messenger' and address book. It will sit
dormant for 14 days before damaging the system.
To prevent this you should delete a teddy bear icon named
jdbgmgr.exe
Is this correct?
No, to the best of my knowledge it is some kind of java debugger. You
probably won't need it, but it is no use deleting.

Just ignore the email, or better yet, tell the person whom send you
the mail that it is a hoax.

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

This is a very, very old hoax; one of the oldest currently in
circulation. If your antivirus software is current and detects
nothing, you're most likely safe. Do nothing with the named file,
delete the email, and tell whomever sent you the original message to
check their facts before spreading rumors.

Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java Is Not a Virus
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322993

Jdbgmgr.exe file Hoax
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

It's important to remember that almost _any_ email virus warning
is a hoax, designed primarily to bog down email systems by having
well-meaning but uniformed people send out hundreds of otherwise
valueless email warnings. When you receive a warning like this, the
*first* thing you should do is check its veracity at one or more of
the following web sites:

Symantec Security Response - Hoax Page
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

F-Secure Security Information Center - Hoaxes
http://www.f-secure.com/virus-info/hoax/

Trend Micro Hoax Encyclopedia, alerts
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/hoaxes/hoax.asp

Bruce Chambers