java script errors and library not registered errors

G

Hi,

Since quite some time I'm having issues with my HP scanner software. The latest recommendation from HP support was to re-install Windows (using 2k professional). Since I did this, there seems to be still no way of running the scanner software: I'm getting "IE Script Error. An Error has occured in the script on this page line: 126, char 9, error: library not registered, code: 0, URL: file:\\program files\hewlett-packard\digital imaging\bbfe\director\director2.htm".

Installed MS script debugger. This opens a script called "bldmenu2.js" and states an error in line 125: "Error: Object doesn't support this property or method".

At the same time, Netscape browser, version 7.1 installs fine but doesn't run. Nothing seems to happen upon clicking the shortcuts or upon running the Netscp.exe. Thought this was also written in java ...

How on earth can I get this f*g stuff to work properly again? Thanks a lot in advance!!

PeterA

Ask a Question