Windows XP iTunes has an invalid signature!!!!!!!!! [Repost]

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Don't know why my other thread was closed: Only got me more angry.

They were right about the iTunes being crap.

I've tryed banging the keyboard, I've tried hitting the screen, I've tried download only, I've tried install manually and I've tried hitting the screen, I've tried yelling at it!!!!:mad:

Now what do I do to get it to work?

It keeps saying it has an invalid signature and won't download, dowwnload only says has invalid signature download removed. Any way to get it to work? Any kind of software help or known issues would be much appreciated.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I'm not angry now, I'm crying!!!!:( Nothing is working!!!:eek: :confused: None of the suggstions helped (Sorry Muckshifter), Direct download from Apple, Windows says it is not a valid Win32 Application. This is useless. Is there any way to turn off the stupid Apple Software Updater?

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
After hours of research, I found

iTunes 7.6 is now available to download. Goto iTunes, then help, and then 'Check for updates'.

There is just one tiny problem. Everytime I try to download/install it, it says

'iTunes has an invalid signature, and was not installed'.

Great. Another thing Apple rushed out the door, forgetting to add thier 'god' signature to it.

When I try direct download from Apple and File Hippo, it says "itunessetup.exe is not a valid Win32 Application."

I can't uninstall iTunes because it is not in Add/Remove programs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Search for it using the Search for files and folders feature, and remove it that way ... make sure you dont delete all of your music though.

Must be a vista thing, I haven't had any issues with iTunes as of late

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I tried SP3, it killed my PC with STOP 0x000000A5 - Bios non ACPI compliant?
Reinstalled SP2, iTunes now works so you may close this topic now, thanks for the suggestions.

Ask a Question