Access It's time for your check-in.

Reaction score
The captain of the ship has lost his hat and ive been thrown overboard to retreive it.

The organization i work for is hosting an event. Over a thousand people will be going including about 200 VIPs and maybe 10 super VIPs.
Ive been tasked with the check-in and out process/experience. We are dubbing this "control". We have 3 seperate check in/ registration desks where we need to check off names from a database. These are important people visiting a new country so its very important that we dont lose anyone.

My problem: Ive never dabbled with Access but from what ive read this is probably the best software for manipulating the types of databases we will be working with.
Complications begin almost immediately, some areas will not have consistent cell coverage.
Constraints:The event is in one month. Not enough time to train volunteers to do complicated tasks with new software. Needs to be intuitive and smooth process for all involved.
Also, I need be able to know which of the 1000 people are inside the event at any time and when they leave.

My question is, is access going to be the best software to use for this? Can I use an App on ios or android to have guests check themselves in? (Some guests have complicated names and or language barriers and self checkin ivariably helps)

Thanks friends. Hope you can help!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :) You have a lovely turn of phrase, and I wish I knew enough about Access to be able to help you.

Ask a Question