IT Expert needed!, Remote Desktop

Reaction score
Hello everyone :D

I'm really in need of help, I'd really really appreciate it if someone could help me
bowdown.gif

Well the problem is, I am using remote desktop , and it works fine in my house. I have 2 computers, one on a router and my one on a wirless adapter.
From my computer on the router I can connect to my computer using the wireless adapter.

Thats the internal IP I think. To get my internal ip address, I just go to start-run-cmd-ipconfig/all

But if I want to connect to my friends computer from my computer with the wireless adapter, it doesn't work.

I'm not sure if how I get my external IP and if I need some thing called IP Forwarding??

If anyone could give me some pointes, I would be eternally grateful :)

Reaction score
Yep maybe altho not that familiar with Remote desktop (never needed to use it)

The port forwarding feature is within the software of your router mate.

You need to enter the router software via an explorer window it will ask for a name and password (all the instructions for this will be within the manual for the router) usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.100. check out manual anyway

The manual should also tell you exactly how to do it ;)

If you need anymore help please dont hesitate to ask, however you will also need to provide us with full specs of your machine and the router make and model aswell :)

Let us knw how you get on :thumb:

Reaction score
You also need to find out your mates setup.

- Need your mates external IP
- Version of Windows - Remote Desktop is XP Pro not available on Home edtion I don't think.

Shouldn't really need to bother with port forwarding unless your mate is connecting to yours and access is blocked by your router.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,

Rich

Ask a Question