ISEARCH toolbar

SL

I all of a sudden have this ISEARCH toolbaras part of my
IE 6.0.2800 version. I do not think that I downloaded or
installed it. I cannot go into the "View" drop down and
uncheckmark this isearch. All of the other options in
the toolbar field of the view are greyed out. I cannot
find this "ISEARCH" in my programs folder, or for that
matter, anywhere on my computer. How do I get rid of
this??? Please help.

microsoft installed it for you. by not unchecking install
on demand in ie.tools.options.advanced. then uncheck both
of the ""enable install on demand"".apply.ok. and to
disable hijacker before repair uncheck ""enable third party
browser extensions""...apply
then get spybot or ad-aware and update first.
lavasoftusa.com or safer-networking.org

Don Varnau

Ad-aware 6 from http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/ will remove this.
Note: Ad-aware should always be updated after installation- before use.

Afterwards,to fix the toolbars http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm
Scroll down to "32 Toolbars are locked - Unable to customize toolbar and
tool band"

Visit: Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
and
Security Issues for Windows and IE:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/security.htm
for security tips and other useful information.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"SL" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

KillSpyWare

Also make sure you clean up your hosts file (in
Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) as in my case it added a whole bunch of
URL's in there (including www.lavasoftusa.com) with the IP-address:
127.0.0.1