Is this a WinCE.Net 4.2 & ActiveSync 3.7.1 Bug?

G

Hi

I'm testing two rugged handhelds that have both recently released Windows CE.Net 4.2 versions. My vb.net application uses XML files as the datasource which are synchronised to the desktop using ActiveSync. I've noticed what I feel is a synchronisation bug relating to both Windows CE.Net 4.2 and ActiveSync 3.7.1

Here's the scenario

1. After creating a partnership that also includes the synchronisation of files, copy some files into your "My Documents" folder and watch them being synchronised to your handheld
2. Undock your handheld and then redock it

What I've noticed on WindowsCE.Net 4.2 is that ActiveSync deletes the desktop versions of the synchronised files and its associated folders. Even if you edit the files on the handheld and save them, they will not be synchronised back to the desktop

Has anyone experienced this bug before? Surely the desktop versions of the synchronised files should be updated not deleted. At least that's what's always happened in previous versions including Windows CE.Net 4.1

Many Thank

Vinc

G

Whoops, just checked and although the synchronised files are still deleted if you edit them on the handheld they do get synchronised back to the desktop on the next dock, but on subsequent docking they're deleted again

Vinc

----- Vince Chin wrote: ----

Hi

I'm testing two rugged handhelds that have both recently released Windows CE.Net 4.2 versions. My vb.net application uses XML files as the datasource which are synchronised to the desktop using ActiveSync. I've noticed what I feel is a synchronisation bug relating to both Windows CE.Net 4.2 and ActiveSync 3.7.1

Here's the scenario

1. After creating a partnership that also includes the synchronisation of files, copy some files into your "My Documents" folder and watch them being synchronised to your handheld

What I've noticed on WindowsCE.Net 4.2 is that ActiveSync deletes the desktop versions of the synchronised files and its associated folders. Even if you edit the files on the handheld and save them, they will not be synchronised back to the desktop

Has anyone experienced this bug before? Surely the desktop versions of the synchronised files should be updated not deleted. At least that's what's always happened in previous versions including Windows CE.Net 4.1

Many Thank

Vinc

G

Hi

Thought I'd post this update for future reference

This has been identified as a bug by MS and a QFE will be included in future releases of Platform Builder

Regard

Vinc

----- Vince Chin wrote: ----

Hi

Here's the scenario

What I've noticed on WindowsCE.Net 4.2 is that ActiveSync deletes the desktop versions of the synchronised files and its associated folders.

Many Thank

Vinc

Ask a Question