Windows XP Windows Mobile 5.0 for pocket PC & Activesync 4.0

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just joined PC Review as I have a specific problem to resolve.

For the past 3 years I have been using a Jornada 525 Pocket PC and syncing it with my desktop via COM port with no problems (Activesync 3.5).

I have now purchased a new Qtek 9100 (aka i-mate k-jam) which runs Windows Mobile 5.0 for pocket PC and comes with a CD containing Activesync 4.0 and Outlook 2002.

I have removed the Activesync 3.5 from my desktop and loaded the 4.0 version.

When I connect my handheld via USB it seems to be looking for the device but never actually finds it and continues in a 'connecting' loop indefinately.

I have spoken to the suppliers of the Qtek 9110 and they have said that there is a 4.1 version of Activesync which they believe is the solution, but I have located and downloaded this but without success.

I desperately need this resolved as all my contacts and calenadr are on my old Jornanda and backed up on my desktop, but I need to get the info. to my new 'toy'!!

Also I need to be able to copy Excel and Word files between the two.

Any ideas ???

Reaction score
Hi there, make sure in the device manager that your i-mate driver is installed properly without the exclamation mark, if not, remove the usb cable wait for 5 seconds, then reinstall it, if u see a message " USB device unrecognized" keep removing it and installing it , until you see that the " A new hardware has been installed " message.

It will work then.

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but the device manager on my desktop or my handhels, and where would I find it ??

Thanks in advance

binfieldgooner

Reaction score
On your desktop, right click on "My computer", "manage", "Device manager", you'll see it on the right.

Reaction score
I have opened my device manager and cannot find anything that relates to my pocket PC.

I am completely clueless as to how to overcome this as before on the older version I just loaded the CD and hey presto it connected, so you can imagine my frustration now.

Attachments

• Device Manager.jpg
    Device Manager.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 715
Reaction score
When connection the i-mate, do you hear a sound coming from the pc, or do you see a message in the right buttom of the screen?

Reaction score
No

All I get when I connect the USB cable is the Activesync window as shown below, but it never actually connects and keeps going round in the connecting loop.

Attachments

• Activesync.jpg
    Activesync.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 355

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
what are your connection settings ? have you set it to allow USB connection ?

Ask a Question