Activesync not handling notes correctly

G

Gary Jenkins

In the help fo Activesync, it says "Using Notes synchronization: select the Notes information type for synchronization. All notes in My Documents and its subfolder on your device will appear in Outlook Notes on your PC. Handwritten text or drawings in notes will appear on your PC as pictures. In addition, all notes in Outlook on the PC will also be synchronized and will appear in Notes on the device.
Notes
If you synchronize your notes using Files synchronization and then later decide to use Notes synchronization, all of your notes will be synchronized with Outlook on your PC and will no longer be stored in the <device name> My Documents folder."

I had Notes in Outlook. These appeared on my Windows MObile 6 HTC Touch Dual under Notes, and then also appeared under my Desktop folder on 2 PC's.

I also note that you cannot delete a note from the Handheld Windows Mobile 6 device, that option is greyed out.

Disappointed with how much trouble this has been compared to my old Palm Pilot running seamlessly for years.

1. How do I remove the Notes from the desktop folder and keep them in Outlook?
2. How can I delete notes on the hand held?

Thanks, Gary

B

Brian Tillman

Gary Jenkins said:
Disappointed with how much trouble this has been compared to my old
Palm Pilot running seamlessly for years.

1. How do I remove the Notes from the desktop folder and keep them in
Outlook?

Disable synchronizing Notes and Files in ActiveSync.
2. How can I delete notes on the hand held?

I tap-and-hold to bring up context menu containing Rename and Delete.

Ask a Question