Is it normal for MFT to be 99% in use?

Peter

Just a curious question. The PC is fine, as far as I know.
When I anazlyse the drive using Diskeeper 8 it says MFT 99% used and in 2
fragments.
I already did a boot-time defrag and reduced the MFT fragmentaion from 3 to
2.

David Candy

Don't worry about. It will grow in size if needed and the percentage will reduce..

Peter

Thanks David, that's what I thought....just checking! ;-)

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Don't worry about. It will grow in size if needed and the percentage will
reduce..

Peter

P.S. The only thing "wrong" with my PC is for about 10 days now the Help &
Support Center "Did you know" is telling me I need to establish a
connection.... have tried reinstalling H & S, deleting the offending XML
file, repaired XP etc. etc. still the same problem.
Called my ISP, they have the same problem.
It's minor so I'm not too worried.