Is it me?

Reaction score
Does anyone else have an opinion on ignorant people that just dont SMS you back? Then when you text them again or even see them in the street after a week sometimes even longer they come up with a pitiful excuse that they never had time to reply. They even try lying to you by saying they never recieved it even though you have had a delivery report. Hahahahaha

Or your opinions on another thing similar.

Your having a conversation via SMS, during the conversation you are asked a question. You reply, and ask a question back. You dont get a reply for days and days!

WTF is that all about???

Can someone please explain? It soooo PI**'s me off

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lemme see, it's 2:19

TXD, Go To Bed :D

Anyway, what's SMS FFS?

Hey, you'll feel better in the morning, you know you will :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
SMS is text messaging m8.

It really does annoy me. Ignorance does, Winds me up to no end

Then get better friends :)

I usually always respond to texts on me mobile, if that's what you mean.

E-Mails too.

Tis only polite :)

Reaction score
Yep thts what I mean.

People come out with some pretty lame excuses for not getting back in touch with you.

Another one while i'm on the subject.

People who say they will ring you to make arrangements for something important or tell you they will call round at a certain time and turn up 3hours later without leting you know they will be late. OMG!!!

I'm gonna shh now. I'm getting wound up again. Wheres me stress pills ;)

Reaction score
That type of thing bugs me too mate. Txt messaging not so much, because it's a really flimsy way of keeping in touch anyway. It has become the rude way of communicating so i wouldnt be too bothered that people use it in an ignorant fashion tripledex. What you should do though is let them know that you dont believe their excuses, just say "thats the worst excuse ive ever heard!" and watch them sweat as they fluster their way out of it.

What DOES annoy me, and one of my mates is especially bad for it. When you talk to a mate all week and all week he's like "yeah, lets go out sat night, we'll do this or that". So satruday comes and you call him and he doesnt answer is phone. I wish people just had the balls to go "sorry mate, cant be bothered now" but people that ignore the calls, THAT bugs me!!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Tell them the next time they ignore you you're going to come round and rip their spleen out :)

That should work.

Reaction score
Actually mate it's a mixture of both ;)

And if honesty be the best policy, then mainly males most of the time.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I will have to disagee with you on this one Trips.
I will also say that I do do it myself periodically.
If I run out of money on my phone then it has to wait until I have spare money to top up. I can't make the kids miss groceries just so I can chat with my friends. & that's just the truth.

I always feel awful when a friend texts me & I can't txt them to tell them that I can't reply. But it does happen, & that's just a fact of life.
But then it frustrates & annoys me when friends who know I have no money on my phone text me asking questions or the like. Things that expect an answer.

Then there's the times when it is impossible or inappropriate to reply (hang on honey... can you keep ahold of that for me while I just answer this txt? )
Nor will I respond, unless it's urgent, if it's rude to the people I am with at the time.

I will respond to a txt if it is possible... but I am not going to beat myself up if I can't & if the person txting me has a problem with waiting for an answer then he/she can phone me.

Conversely, if I txt someone they do not owe me a response, nor do they owe me an explanation for why they didn't respond.

A txt is just that & nothing more. Owning a cellphone is not a wedding vow. & Txting is not an obligation.

Reaction score
Fair enuff, yes, driving a car maybe. But im not atalking abotu people who were driving cars or at a funeral or even feeding the kids. Im talking about people I know have contract fones and are just too damn lazy (admitted by themselves)

I do know not everyone can answer immediately, I dont expect them to. However a think 3, 4 ,5 days sometimes over a week is just pathetic!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
I do know not everyone can answer immediately, I dont expect them to. However a think 3, 4 ,5 days sometimes over a week is just pathetic!

Yes, would have to agree with that... but I'm afraid I can't say that I've never gotten so busy that i forgot to respond to a txt either :blush:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
10pm over here. I'm busy 'not painting' at the moment. My painting's not going very well & it's sitting next to me glaring at me :nod:
fugly f*kkr it is too :nod:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Personally I hate texting - I'm cr*p at it, so would rather people rang me.

Its good to talk :nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Personally I hate texting - I'm cr*p at it, so would rather people rang me.

Its good to talk :nod:
here here!!

If you send me a Text, don't expect a reply txt, I use a phone to "talk" to people (I can't see the damn msgs anyway :rolleyes: ) ... I'll probably reply to your txt by ringing you though. ;)

user.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I use texts, have a contract phone.

I will also often ring back rather than text.

On my current contract they gave me double minutes for first six months which means no matter how much I waffle away to peeps on the mobile I always seem to have about a 300 minute surplus to use up. I can use them to any other mobile and most UK landlines.

But I'll get charged for a text. So, mostly, I talk. But I don't have a phobia about texting, I think it's quite a good thingie :)

PS: Just checked, got 252 minutes left as of right now.

Ask a Question