Irregular Recurring Appointments

Lynn

I would like to schedule a recurring appointment on my Outlook 2003 Calendar
that does not follow a regular pattern. Other then copying & pasting the
appointment, is there an easier/faster way to do this?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I would like to schedule a recurring appointment on my Outlook 2003
Calendar
that does not follow a regular pattern. Other then copying & pasting the
appointment, is there an easier/faster way to do this?

If it doesn't follow a regular pattern it's not a recurring appointment, but
a series of individual appointments each having a common subject matter.
You can either create them in Excel and import or you can purchase a tool
like this: http://www.websetters.co.uk/WSAddIns/WSRAII/index.htm

A Owen

I have a similar need to schedule ongoing meetings that don't follow a
regular recurrence. How do I know which Websetter tool I would need to
purchase in order to do this? Also, if I use Websetter to schedule these
meetings and then invite others, will it show up as one invite in their inbox
or one for each meeting. (Please see my post on Exceptions to Recurring
Meetings.)

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I have a similar need to schedule ongoing meetings that don't follow a
regular recurrence. How do I know which Websetter tool I would need to
purchase in order to do this?

I gave you the exact link to the product.
Also, if I use Websetter to schedule these
meetings and then invite others, will it show up as one invite in their
inbox
or one for each meeting. (Please see my post on Exceptions to Recurring
Meetings.)

They will be separate invitations because they're separate events. Only
regular recurrences are single events.

David Fowler

There is also a zero cost and infinitely flexible solution that cuts 90% of the time costs associated with inputting multiple irregular meetings.

Use the 'Recurring Appointment' feature in Outlook and input using an estimate of the time gaps between your meetings (I've just done this with a nine week gap for some approximately bi-monthly Tuesday meetings). Also tell Outlook the number of meetings you are inputting. Then simply open up and amend the appointments that don't fall on the correct dates.
The only limitation is that you cannot move one appointment to 'leap-frog' another - but this can be circumvented by amending the furthest date and working backwards towards the present.
At the end of the process you are able to send Meeting Invitations that need no further amendment by your colleagues.
On Wednesday, September 03, 2008 9:46 AM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

If it doesn't follow a regular pattern it's not a recurring appointment, but
a series of individual appointments each having a common subject matter.
You can either create them in Excel and import or you can purchase a tool
like this: http://www.websetters.co.uk/WSAddIns/WSRAII/index.htm
On Wednesday, September 03, 2008 5:19 PM Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
you need ws.repeat appointments and it will be individual meetings, not 1.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

news:[email protected]...
On Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:16 AM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
I gave you the exact link to the product.

They will be separate invitations because they are separate events. Only
regular recurrences are single events.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Note that this makes exceptions and too many exceptions can corrupt the
appointment.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

"David Fowler" wrote in message
[...]