iPhone 11

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh very nice! I keep being tempted back to iOS devices... but I remember how much of a problem my 3G and 4S were after a few updates. I imagine Apple can't slow these newer phones down to a problematic degree, not matter how hard they try :D.

Bet you'll like the camera on it!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Apple had a major update to the IOS ,13.2 which was rolled out this morning. I updated the phone and look forward to seeing what the results are like. This update is a major software upgrade for the camera.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Apple can't slow these newer phones down to a problematic degree

Yup now they just make them so they break after 8 months and tell you they can't repair them or find every excuse to say damage / faults are caused by the user which makes Apple Care invalid.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was involved in an accident on October 28, 2019, my beloved Mazda was totalled by the insurance company. At the moment things are on the hold. As soon as I am back on track and everything is sorted out will post some pics. There are formalities to take care of as a result of the accident as well as I will have to buy a new car. Cheers everyone!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh no, are you ok @Quadophile ? If it totalled the car, I imagine you may have been injured - I hope nothing too serious.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian I am fine except that I had a minor bruise on me tummy because of the seatbelt. Other than that all is hunky dory.

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Glad you're alright Quad. Shame about the car but these things can be replaced, people can't. :)

Will be interested in your thoughts on the iP11. I really do like the hardware of the new iPhones, and the cameras are apparently really good, like Pixel quality good, its a shame but I just cannot get on with iOS and I detest iTunes.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Will be interested in your thoughts on the iP11. I really do like the hardware of the new iPhones, and the cameras are apparently really good, like Pixel quality good, its a shame but I just cannot get on with iOS and I detest iTunes.

Here is the first pic from the iPhone 11 that I am posting, more to come.

IMG_0267.JPG

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I might be possible to make a switch from Samsung S8. Do you mind sharing how to move staff to iPhone 11 from Android?
Very easy!!!!!

Go to play store on your current phone and download “move to iOS” this app will automagically transfer everything from your android to iOS device.

I also suggest copying all your photos and videos to your computer as a back up.

As a precaution you should back up all your data on google too if you have a google account. You can use your google account n iOS but not your Samsung account.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What happened to me:
I moved 300 photos and other data to iPhone 8 (From Huaiwei),but my iPhone only received 216 photos,i did use Move to iOS app.
I didn't know if too much data had to be transferred to fail.

Sorry to hear that, but, I did mention in my post that you need to back up your photos and videos to a computer before you use the app to do that just in case. Moving data and files is never 100% guaranteed unfortunately when it comes to two different platforms like in your case from IOS to Android. :(

Ask a Question