WARNING: This version of QuickBooks requires Microsoft
Internet Explorer 6.0 (or later).
But I HAVE the latest version of Internet Explorer 6.0
installed. When I contacted Intuit, all I got from them
was a registry problem. This is what they gave me:
REGOPENKEYEX
(.HKLM,"SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\APP
PATHS\IEXPLORE.EXE",0,KEY_READ)

Does anyone know what this is or how to correct my problem?

Thank you!

Reaction score
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]So i was plagued by a similar situation with Quickbooks 2004, it seems that Quickbooks looks to a particular part of the registry to locate internet explorer... for some reason this entry was missing from my registry. Now i'm not a fan of M$ Internet Explorer and opt for Firefox instead, i couldn't for the life of me figure out why even though Iexplorer is up to date, Quickbooks insisted that it wasn't. I seem to have isolated the problem and fixed it in my case. The following solution involves editing the registry, it is reccomended that you create a backup of your current registry settings before attempting any editing as changes may result in system failure...disclosure out of the way, the key(s) in question are as follows.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\
[/font]

• [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]

[*]There should be a key for 'iexplore.exe' if not, create one
    [*]The 'Default' string value should be the physical directory path leading to Internet Explorer. (ie: 'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe')
    [*]Create a second 'String' called 'Path' which points to the directory where iexplore.exe resides. (ie: 'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\"
    [/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]

Alternatively, if iexplore.exe resides in the same path as my above example, then copy this text into MS Notepad-->File Save AS--> anyname.REG (be sure to selct 'all files' from pull down menus as apposed to '*.txt')-->save to an easily accessible location and double click to automatically import settings into registry (confirmation dialog will apear):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur
rentVersion\App Paths\iexplore.exe]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\Iexplore.exe"
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\"
[/font]

Ask a Question