Internet timer and a fax listener program

RedFox

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for two simple progs:

1 An Internet timer that will keep a score of my time online until I reset
it and

2 A fax program that will listen for incoming fax calls and will instruct my
computer to take the fax. Years ago I had an early version of WinFax and it
had that feature. Now I have WinFax Pro and it has no such feature but has
lots of stuff I find useless.

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

RF

Lee

RedFox said:
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for two simple progs:

1 An Internet timer that will keep a score of my time online until I reset
it and

2 A fax program that will listen for incoming fax calls and will instruct my
computer to take the fax. Years ago I had an early version of WinFax and it
had that feature. Now I have WinFax Pro and it has no such feature but has
lots of stuff I find useless.

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

RF
I've used BitFax (part of BitWare) for years. Got it with a modem and
it's available as a free licence at:

http://www.spyfind.com/bitware.html

Regards
Lee in Toronto

Martin ©¿©¬

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for two simple progs:

1 An Internet timer that will keep a score of my time online until I reset
it

RedFox

I have a 'ZetTimer" prog that I found useful when I was on Dial-Up
Send me your email addy & I'll sent it for u to try
I'm martinatmandedotplusdot com

Martin
©¿©¬

Susan Bugher

RedFox said:
1 An Internet timer that will keep a score of my time online until I reset
it and

2 A fax program that will listen for incoming fax calls and will instruct my
computer to take the fax. Years ago I had an early version of WinFax and it
had that feature. Now I have WinFax Pro and it has no such feature but has
lots of stuff I find useless.

re an Internet timer - perhaps:

Program: No Frills Timer
Author: Grofsoft
Install: (n.i.)
Ware: (Freeware)
http://grofsoft.com/nft/overview.html

"Total time can be reset automatically (daily, weekly or monthly)"
"The executable is about 40k, and that is the only file you need."

http://grofsoft.com/nft/download.html
"The current version of No Frills Timer is 2.1."
"(Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP)"
http://grofsoft.com/nft/nft21.exe

There are more apps on the ACF pages:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_INTERNET.php#8.20NetworkMonitor

re a FAX app - Maybe go back to WinFax Lite? :)

Program: WinFax Lite
Author: Delrina
http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html

http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Apps2.html
DL
http://encoderx.co.uk/id/id.php?fid=WinFax
(winfaxlite.zip)

There are more apps on the ACF pages:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_INTERNET.php#9.00FAX

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

RedFox

Hello again Lee, Martin, and Susan,

I posted a response last week but it has not appeared, at least on my
server.

The Bitware is installed but it can't find the internal modem, which is on
Com3 with IRQ 17. The help file goes into a lot of detail about what to do
if the modem is on Com3 and Windows can't detect it. Mine has been running
on com3 for six months and I had no trouble installing it. Bitware has a
useless autodetect program and it seems to have no facility for inputting
the data.

I can't find what is on Coms 1 and 2 in my computer. On NT there was a
procedure for seeing what memory location and which IRQs were used by each
hardware component. It seems to be missing from Win2K. I know that the mouse
uses IRQ 17, so it's not on com1 or 2. Will try a Win2K group.

Will let you know how it works out.

Thanks very much to all. This is a super duper NG :)

RF