Internet Explorer Message

G

Everytime I try to go onto internet explorer the box comes up that says internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. then you get the choice of sending or not sending the report. of course you never get any explanation why it's happening. i've been using ie forever and now all of a sudden this is happening. my daughter shares the computer and she isn't having any problem. i can pull up sbc yahoo browser, but i want ie. can you help

X

XPUSER

Stephany Ayling said:
Everytime I try to go onto internet explorer the box comes up that says internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. then you get the choice of sending or not sending the report. of course you never get any explanation why it's happening. i've been using ie forever and now all of a sudden this is happening. my daughter shares the computer and she isn't having any problem. i can pull up sbc yahoo browser, but i want ie. can you help

=========================================================

Bring up that error message again by trying to open Internet Explorer -

Click on the part of it that says it will show you what the error report contains -

Where it says "Error Signature" - the pertinent information that is needed:

AppName:

AppVer:

ModName:

ModVer:

Please post back with that information if you want -

There is a strong possibility that your issue is due to spywares on your system

This Microsoft Knowledge Base article may be of help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827315

By the way, you may want to go to Control Panel and double click on the SYSTEM icon

In System Properties, click on the Advanced tab and then click on the Error Reporting button.

Notice the purpose of this type of error reporting that you are dealing with.

It is meant to help improve XP and future versions of Windows when you send the report.

It is not meant as a "direct response" feature for any error message that is generated.

=====================================================================

G

Thanks for the response. When the error box comes up saying ie has encountered a problem i clicked on send report but when it's done I click close and another box comes up and says to follow the link below for information which may prevent this problem in the future, there is no choice or link to choose from. The only thing you can do is close the window.

Ask a Question