Internet explorer 8, what's the story

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There are reports of murmerings on the web (via All about Microsoft) over silence from Microsoft about Internet Explorer 8. Granted IE7 has only been around for about a year but it's always important to know what's around the corner. With growing sophistication from websites, knowing what sort of standards support is going to be included is vital to developers.

For example, the key commands behind the Web 2.0 or AJAX powered websites are different for Firefox and Internet Explorer, making life even more complicated than it already is. Knowing what is on the horizon will help web designers plan for the future.

Having said that, the fatalist in me wonders whether Microsoft really needs to worry about rumblings from the web design community. All the time Internet Explorer is an integral part of Window (and I don't really see Windows without a web browser as a likely scenario), it will be the dominant browser. To exclude 80% of a target audience is madness.

It was one thing for a website to ban Firefox (because of Adblock) but to try the same with Internet Explorer wouldn't work.

source: Windows Watch

10 Oct 2007

user.gif

Attachments

• ie8.JPG
    ie8.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 2,359

Ask a Question