internet explorer 6 hangs with every page load

J

jon

Yesterday, Internet Explorer 6 started hanging for 20 or
more seconds with every page load. I haven't installed
any new programs and I've tried it with the firewall, pop
up blocker, and anti-virus off and it still hangs.
Windows Explorer will still work fine even with the
browser frozen.

J

jon

D/l adaware and it caught and removed some things that my
spyware didn't. The computer is free of any scumware, but
the hang problem still exists.

G

I also started having the same issue 2 days ago. My PC is free of any Spyware (according to AdAware

HELP!

Z

D

D. Mullins

Oh no... My IE6 is doing the same thing. It's a 6 second
hang at evry page load. It's maddening! I ran Spybot S&D
with no luck. Is this some kind of virus?? It's a little
too strange the exact thing is happenening to others at
the same time. All you experts---HELP!!!!!

G

Jon I have encountered the same problem. I have tried to disconnect my firewall and my ad blockers and it still hangs. I called my ISP to make sure it wasn;t from there end but it seems it is definetly from the browser itself. My browser will say that it is complete but the screen stays frozen for 20 seconds and then will work until I click to go to a new page and then the problem starts over.

G

I had the exact same problem that started on Sat Feb 28 - Explorer hangs for 10 or 20 seconds at every page load. The only thing I installed that day was a Windows Hot Fix update, which also screwed up several of my local programs, specifically Avid (video editor). Uninstalled the update - it fixed the software but still the hangs persist. Tried everything - AdAware, Spybot, Virus Scan. I finally fixed it - I updated my AdAware as there is a new reference file - #01R265 02. 03. 2004. Install the reference file and run AdAware again - this should fix it. I suspect the Windows Hot Fix had something to do with it - it was the only thing installed on my PC in weeks, at it's a bit coincidental that everything went awry right then. So you might have to uninstall any Hot Fixes you downladed the past few days.

Ask a Question