internet connection wizard

G

I recently had to use the xp reinstallation cd to fix a problem. It was successful but when I tried to set up a dial up networking connection (since I don't have a broadband access) I was unable to because the first two options were grayed out.The only option was for Broadband and that was checked. I could not uncheck it or delete that connection. I had a 711 error that said the remote access conection manager was not available. I tried the fix offered by the microsoft article regarding that error but it was unsuccessful. I also tried the fix for error 1068 regarding internet connection sharing. I ran the system file checker with the same result. I attempted to make a connection through Outlook xp and it told me Dial up networking was not installed and to use the add/remove programs. That didn't work either. I am out of ideas and in need of help
Thanks
Stu

G

Hi, if you found the solution to the problem,,, what was it,,, I have the same delema with the internet connection wizard defaulting to use the cable connection and graying out the other two selections

G

Nader, did you find the solution,,, please advise, as I have the same problem with the wizard

G

Hii DOC HERE,, well here is what I did to fix my problem,, I put a cleaner in my CD tray,,, checked my XP PRO CD and cleaned it with rubbing alchohol, it did have a smudge on it,, when I went to reload XP Pro, it went into a format mode and I chose to tell it to load directly from the CD,,, I have had to load everything back on, but since I saved most everything before, it all has gone well.
Good Luck Hope this helps someone else too. Now I can go to work again on TrueQuality.com

Ask a Question