internet browser problem

G

Please, can anyone help me with my internet browser? I have Windows XP and not sure what version the broswer is, but I guess it might be IE 6. Well, the problem is whenever I try to send emails that are longer than two sentences using my internet browser, the browser window just disappears without warning. Sometimes, there's a message box coming up, saying that there's an error, Microsfot is sorry about this. But most of the time, the whole browser just goes without this message box, or sometimes it goes numb and stop functioning.

This thing is that I CAN send emails that are less than two lines in length. Can anyon etell me what the proble is and how to making it function properly again please?

G

To find your browser version, go to your tool bar>help>about Internet Explorer.
What is your email program?

G

Are you using the same pc that shuts down when you try to send emails, ecards, and quiz, that you are using to post here? What I am wondering, is...does your pc shutdown everytime you try to use the internet? or just in those instances that you mentioned? I don't know what you mean when you refer to 'quiz' Is that someting through your email program?
And you get no error message?
I'd like to try to help by narrowing this down.
If you are not getting na error message, do this, so you CAN get an error message, then we can try to figure this out.
Click START>slide the pointer to My computer>right click Properties>click the Advance tab>Startup and Recovery >click the settings tab.
On that page, if there is a check mark next to 'automatically restart' CLEAR the check mark, click ok.
Then, Click ERROR REPORTING. Place a check mark by 'enable error reporting, and place a check by the 2 boxes below it, click ok.
Now, connect to the internet, and try to duplicate the problem by sending an email. When your pc crashes, you should get an error message, and/or error code number. Post back with th exact message/number and we'll see what we can do.

Ask a Question