Intel Heatsink Fan and Prescott

NBK

Hi

Can i use my stock INtel Heatsink Fan that came with my Northwood 3.06
Proc with my OEM Prescott 3.4GHz Processor without problems until i save
up enough money to buy a Zalman HSF?

NBK

I tried that myself at first and I wasn't happy with the results. my
processor was constantly overheating and shutting down. I finally went a
bought the Zalman and it works great. no overheating since I've done that.

Clas Mehus

Can i use my stock INtel Heatsink Fan that came with my Northwood 3.06
Proc with my OEM Prescott 3.4GHz Processor without problems until i save
up enough money to buy a Zalman HSF?

Well, you can try, but the 3,4 GHz Prescott get much warmer, but if
you case is cooled down it might work. I almost get enough problems
keeping the Prescott cold with the cooler it's delivered with :-|

NBK

NBK said:
Hi

Can i use my stock INtel Heatsink Fan that came with my Northwood 3.06
Proc with my OEM Prescott 3.4GHz Processor without problems until i save
up enough money to buy a Zalman HSF?

NBK
I have a Lian-Li PC-60 case.

NBK

NBK said:
Hi

Can i use my stock INtel Heatsink Fan that came with my Northwood 3.06
Proc with my OEM Prescott 3.4GHz Processor without problems until i save
up enough money to buy a Zalman HSF?

NBK
I guess i will order a Zalman CNPS7000A-CU Pure Copper CPU Cooler. Is
it quiet?
NBK

LeeBos

Yes, much quiter than the stock cooler.