Installing Norton Anti-Virus Upgrade

Nancy Lee

I have Norton AV 2003 and I am planning to get the 2005 upgrade when
it's released. The 2005 upgrade version, which is for Norton's
existing customers, is cheaper than the regular 2005 version.

Is it OK to uninstall the 2003 version before installing the 2005
upgrade version? I ask this question because I am worried that the
installation of the 2005 upgrade version is contingent on there being
an existing Norton product already installed on the computer. I really
want to uninstall the 2003 version first because it's been corrupted
by Windows XP SP2.

Thanks.

Peter T

Nancy Lee said:
I have Norton AV 2003 and I am planning to get the 2005 upgrade when
it's released. The 2005 upgrade version, which is for Norton's
existing customers, is cheaper than the regular 2005 version.

Is it OK to uninstall the 2003 version before installing the 2005
upgrade version? I ask this question because I am worried that the
installation of the 2005 upgrade version is contingent on there being
an existing Norton product already installed on the computer. I really
want to uninstall the 2003 version first because it's been corrupted
by Windows XP SP2.

Thanks.
I don't think so. From memory, Norton upgrades check for the existence of a
previous version, uninstalls that version and then does a clean install of
the new version. So you should then be OK.

I'm a bit puzzled that SP2 corrupted 2003 but if you have the CD you could
uninstall it and then re-install it providing the licence is still current..

HTH

Peter

Nancy Lee

"Peter T" <peter@devonREMOVE_THE_SPAM-TRAP_CAPITALSude.force9.co.uk>
wrote in message
I don't think so. From memory, Norton upgrades check for the
existence of a
previous version, uninstalls that version and then does a clean
install of
the new version. So you should then be OK.
Thanks.

I'm a bit puzzled that SP2 corrupted 2003 but if you have the CD you
could
uninstall it and then re-install it providing the licence is still
current..

I bought the download version without a CD and I deleted the download
after the successful installation.