>INSTALLER IS NOT CORRECTLY INSTALLED<

Wayne B.

I am trying to install McAfee off of my CD that I have
used MANY TIMES before, last time about a week ago on my
other system. But everytime I try I keep getting this
message,..>> The Windows Installer Service could not be
accessed. This can occur if you are running
Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not
correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance.<< In the Event Viewer under Applications it
says >>Event ID 1015<< Description->> "Failed to connect
to server. Error:0x80040154"

I have been installing other things all day, the Mcafee is
the only one that I'm having problems with. I haven't the
faintest idea why I'm getting this message.

If anyone out there knows what's going on with this thing,
could you PLEASE let me know what you know. I have just
gotten cable internet on this thing today and I will
Definely Need my McAfee, firewall and all.

THANX N ADVANCE The Rookie/Wayne B.

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Wayne B." <[email protected]>
Subject: >INSTALLER IS NOT CORRECTLY INSTALLED<
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:50:28 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications

--

Wayne,

Try running the following two commands to unregister the Windows Installer and reregister it to see what happens.

msiexec.exe /unregister

msiexec.exe /regserver

Also, make sure the System account has Full Control access to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry key.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.