installation of xp pro

hi,

i have a system installed at home with windows xp sp2 pirated version now i
want to uninstall pirate and want to install the genuine xp pro and i have
the genuine cd, please help me and give me the step by step details for the
same

kindly do write me back, waiting for the reply

Hi gajanand.cdn,

You'll need to perform a repair install using the genuine install CD. If the
install CD is a retail version, follow the instructions here:

If the install CD is an OEM version, follow the instructions here:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#018
Click on the arrow beside "I need to change my XP Product key" to expand the
items beneath, then click on the arrow beside "Do a Repair Install"

i didn't understand, i am new to this, i need furthur guidance

how do i know it is oem or retails version

The OEM version (for system builders) is usually about $100 - $150 cheaper,
it doesn't come in a fancy box and you are required to purchase a
non-peripheral hardware component or fully assembled system in order to
purchase the OEM version (though not all retailers enforce that requirement).

Bruce Chambers

hi,

i have a system installed at home with windows xp sp2 pirated version now i
want to uninstall pirate and want to install the genuine xp pro and i have
the genuine cd, please help me and give me the step by step details for the
same

kindly do write me back, waiting for the reply

After backing up any data you wish to transfer to the new OS
installation, simply boot from the WinXP Home installation CD. You'll
be offered the opportunity to delete, create, and format partitions as
part of the installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order
of boot devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Then the backed up data can be restored and applications re-installed.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

hi,

let me tell u it's a new system bought very recently, need to uninstall that
pirated version of windows xp sp2 and install genuine copy of xp pro oem

need guidance

Daave

hi,

let me tell u it's a new system bought very recently, need to
uninstall that pirated version of windows xp sp2 and install genuine
copy of xp pro oem

need guidance

Maybe you missed Bruce's post; here it is again:

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:04:22 -0600
From: Bruce Chambers <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

After backing up any data you wish to transfer to the new OS
installation, simply boot from the WinXP Home installation CD. You'll
be offered the opportunity to delete, create, and format partitions as
part of the installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order
of boot devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Then the backed up data can be restored and applications
re-installed.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand
Russell