Windows XP install my windows xp prof. 2002 to my new computer

Reaction score
hello sir,
i am using windows xp prof. 2002 license version which i purchase many years ago. now i purchase my new pc and i want to install my this license version from old pc to new pc. so please tell me how can i do it successfully and tell me the procedure also.

thanking you.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Reaction score
hello sir,
i am using windows xp prof. 2002 license version which i purchase many years ago. now i purchase my new pc and i want to install my this license version from old pc to new pc. so please tell me how can i do it successfully and tell me the procedure also.

thanking you.[/QUOTE)

BUT I WANT TO KNOW I HAVE XP ORIGIANL CD AND I ALREADY INSTALL IN MY OLD PC BUT I HAVE SINGLE USER LICENSE AND NOW I WANT TO INSTALL IN MY NEW PC SO CAN I FIRST REMOVE WINDOWS XP FROM MY OLD PC OR I DIRECTLY INSTALL XP IN MY NEW PC AND IF YES THEN IS IT POSSIBLE PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.

THANKING YOU.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Typing messages in capital letters in forums, facebook and the like denotes shouting and is considered bad manners so please stick to lower case.

The Microsoft licence is one Operating System for one computer unless you purchase a multi-user licence so strictly speaking you should uninstall XP from your old computer before installing it on your new computer.

You will almost certainly have to activate XP by phone as when you try to activate online Microsoft will note your system has changed. They give you a phone number (freephone in the UK) and you get a set of numbers which you enter in the onscreen activation process.

However, if I were you I'd leave XP on your old machine and buy yourself a copy of Win 7 for your new machine. XP will not do your new system proud, it's almost a decade old now and using XP on a new machine will not let that machine reach it's full potential.

Windows Vista was a bit rubbish but Win 7 is quite ok, a copy can be had in the UK for around £70.00.

Ask a Question