INF File - run cmd line

Reaction score
Hey!

Basically I simply want to start my uninstaller application when the user clicks "remove" in the software list.

To remove registry, start menu entries and such I have the following line in my inf-File:

[UninstallSoftware]
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<Name>,"DisplayName",,"<Name>"
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<Name>,"UninstallString",,"RunDll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection RemoveSoftware 4 setup.inf"

This works well. However, as I said, I also want to start a specific application to remove all the installed files of the software.
How do I do that?

Not really understanding inf files I simply tried the following, which didn´t seem to work, though:

[UninstallSoftware]
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<Name>,"DisplayName",,"<Name>"
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<Name>,"UninstallString",,"start %HOMEDRIVE%\Windows\Uninstall<Name>.exe"
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<Name>,"UninstallString",,"RunDll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection RemoveSoftware 4 setup.inf"

I´ve googled for a setupapi documentation, but haven´t found anything of use.

Can someone help me, please?

Ask a Question